Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

SAS Dyno setup, result and characteristics thread

3 minutes ago, gotasuby said:

6KhpxMd.jpg

2006 forester. 2.5l stock everything apart from exhaust and td05-16 along with Mac 3 port boost solenoid. Red is before as factory ecu was having mare and boost creep. 

Got the boost plot? Running out of compressor or back pressure?

10 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

thats amazing jump in torque on that forester, and you wonder why so many people complain about their new turbos being laggy whent hey dont bother even having it tuned properly

That's why people say td05 20g are a laggy turbo on a stock early sti.

21 hours ago, slystiguy said:

is that g4 ecu or factory reflash? 

Was it fuel tune problem?

Very impressive gains there!

Factory ecu. Before it was tuned the boost was only low and then creeped. We but a 3 port mac valve on it and tuned the boost control. All on 95 fuel to. 

• Like 1

We can do either way. We are more than happy to do touch up work or full tunes. Obviously you have tuned yours so would be silly to do a whole tune again. Have you got a power figure out of yours? Or only been road tuning? 

51 minutes ago, gotasuby said:

We can do either way. We are more than happy to do touch up work or full tunes. Obviously you have tuned yours so would be silly to do a whole tune again. Have you got a power figure out of yours? Or only been road tuning? 

Only road tuning, but I expect it to be somewhere around the 210kW at the wheels mark

• 1 month later...

Ud3WRlo.jpg

Big fan of this vehicle. It's a tidy gc8 with v7 drive train. Mods being simple for power. Forged 2l motor with standard v7 sti heads. Sti twin scroll with vf36. Factory v7 sti top mount and g4 running the show with flex fuel to e85. Id1000 injectors which are maxed out with a dw200 pump.  Custom built SAS intake and exhaust. 

This is what I call value for money power. 228wkw on 98 and 275wkw on ethanol. I think that's about the most you can get out of a factory top mount and turbo haha. 

Edited by gotasuby
  • Like 6

• 8 months later...

Should grt back to doing this as have been busy. This may interest @Niran

2.1l stroker, id1000 98 fuel, EFR7670 20psi as ran out of map sensor. 272 cams. Hks single scroll headers and 0.84 housing. Makes more power and torque than last setup everywhere and that was a TD05-20g and 2l

n3IOpaR.jpg

• Like 6

Just a valve grind and cams I'm told as we didn't build this one. V3-4 heads so no avcs. Injectors are id1000 and at 75% with a base pressure of 45psi. Yours should spool far earlier as your running avcs and another 0.4l capacity. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gotasuby said:

Just a valve grind and cams I'm told as we didn't build this one. V3-4 heads so no avcs. Injectors are id1000 and at 75% with a base pressure of 45psi. Yours should spool far earlier as your running avcs and another 0.4l capacity. 

wow, if you upped the fuel pressure would you reckon theres room for e85 and bit more boost pressure to push that thing further? or around there is the limit of id1000s?

• Like 1

Hmmm i too have ID1000s but was hoping on them getting me to 350wkw. At 75% duty cycle, your getting 4kw per 1% duty (i have no confidence this math is correct lol), so could i assumed +60 kw at 90% duty cycle (15% x 4kw) ? @gotasuby

hmm this assumes there is a linear relationship between injector duty cycle and wheel power output. i would have assumed the higher up you go in the power range, the richer you need to run the fuelling so you get less and less returns per injector dc% ?

15 minutes ago, Niran said:

Hmmm i too have ID1000s but was hoping on them getting me to 350wkw. At 75% duty cycle, your getting 4kw per 1% duty (i have no confidence this math is correct lol), so could i assumed +60 kw at 90% duty cycle (15% x 4kw) ? @gotasuby

On 7/18/2017 at 9:46 PM, gotasuby said:

pKO85zi.jpg

V11 sti. Only mods are 3 port boost solinoid, 3" exhaust and fuel pump. Ran out of injectors. Running 20psi tapering up top. Red is before and grey after. 

this is so nice bro - heaps of torque!! must be such a nice car to drive

what sort of catback was it - 3inch all the way?

does the 3 port on these models make a huge difference compared to the stock solenoid - not had a chance to test them back to back yet unfortunately

MRT seem to say the fuel pump is ok for 50kw on top of stock - thoughts on that?

6 hours ago, gotasuby said:

1000cc fuel injectors will usually get 300wkw on 45psi base and good fuel pump capacity but that's usually there limit 

Good to know. Just checked a few old logs and I'd guess mine are slightly undersized for my goals. 880cc making 280kw @75% with the help of water/meth

• 2 years later...