Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Why the hype?

G B

• Admin
3 hours ago, Conducks said:

I got burned off by a stripped out DC2 Integra in my 2015 WRX, pretty embarrassing night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And he probably didn't even know you were racing.......

• Like 3

• General Member

Best time I had on a track was in a mates DC2... Thrashed the balls off it and felt like I was doing 6 billion miles an hour down the back straight (as he burned me in my WRX lol) but bugger me I had a smile on my face when I got out of the car.

• Like 5

On 26/06/2017 at 2:48 PM, pedro said:

Honda go...Honda blow..

Soulless cars in my opinion..

make good entry level track cars or daily as Inked says..

You should go race some (as in drive them, not race at traffic lights), they aren't as bad as the exhaust note implies. And very rewarding when you beat people in much more powerful cars! Some of my favourite racing memories are of my old EF CRX, revvy and nimble in a way that the WRX just never can do.

And there is something about being so close to instant death if you hit something in it!!!

On 26/06/2017 at 2:21 PM, newsuba said:

not hyperbole.

for best handling, two wheel drive beats awd.

in an evo magazine test the old fk2 civic type r was just as fast as a focus rs awd around the track.

and the discontinued renault megane rs275 trophy r is still the best handling hot hatch.

seen a few focus rs on the road but they are easily out-numbered by the new mustang - every man and his dog seems to have one.

the new civic type r is pretty fugly but you don't notice from the inside.

it will have strong competition from the new seat leon cupra to be launched in nz later this year - same 221kw motor as a golf r, fwd, lsd, only $57k !

I can't think of many things worse than 221kw in a FWD. LSD is just going to help you spontaneously change lanes more consistently... Having been in Golf GTI's and Mazda 3 MPS's that are mostly stock and yet wheelspin like a demon and aggressively torque steer I can't say I am a fan. However as a race car I do see the value to a turbo FWD as at least you then have the grip to control it.

Ohh and as for 2WD vs 4WD, I think it's a matter of environment. I beat a Focus RS at a hillclimb not that long ago in my E30. That wasn't due to car though, it was entirely the driver being a bit slow. I love the turn-in ability of a RWD (the best feature of my E30), but I also love the revvy nature of an old N/A FWD Honda too. And then 4WD is simply the funnest way to launch, so it's all matter of what you want from a car.

And lets face it, almost no one on this forum is going to drive their car to the actual limit of the cars ability at any time, so ultimate handling is irrelevant, it's more what handling makes you happy...

• Like 2

I can't think of many things worse than 221kw in a FWD. LSD is just going to help you spontaneously change lanes more consistently... Having been in Golf GTI's and Mazda 3 MPS's that are mostly stock and yet wheelspin like a demon and aggressively torque steer I can't say I am a fan. However as a race car I do see the value to a turbo FWD as at least you then have the grip to control it.

Ohh and as for 2WD vs 4WD, I think it's a matter of environment. I beat a Focus RS at a hillclimb not that long ago in my E30. That wasn't due to car though, it was entirely the driver being a bit slow. I love the turn-in ability of a RWD (the best feature of my E30), but I also love the revvy nature of an old N/A FWD Honda too. And then 4WD is simply the funnest way to launch, so it's all matter of what you want from a car.

And lets face it, almost no one on this forum is going to drive their car to the actual limit of the cars ability at any time, so ultimate handling is irrelevant, it's more what handling makes you happy...

driven to the limits of re003's on the track.

Sent from my Baked potato using Telekinesis

31 minutes ago, Munkvy said:

I can't think of many things worse than 221kw in a FWD. LSD is just going to help you spontaneously change lanes more consistently... Having been in Golf GTI's and Mazda 3 MPS's that are mostly stock and yet wheelspin like a demon and aggressively torque steer I can't say I am a fan.

quite right... chris harris recently video'd that on the road he had just as much fin in his 100bhp peugeot as he did in the latest porsche.

when it comes to 2wd v 4wd, so many people confuse grip with handling.

back in the 90s when 4wd was the rage and you could get 2 or 4wd versions of most cars, autocar compared 2/4wd sierra, cavalier, audi and peugeot sports saloons.

the conclusion was that 4wd was only advantageous in the extreme weather conditions.

the 3mps handles like a drunk donkey, recent golfs with their electro-fake lsd, have torque steer tamed but are so numb up front.

the focus mk2 rs with the fancy front end managed torque steer - to the degree that it didn't feel like a 221kw car.

best of the euro lot are the megane rs with mechanical front lsds - no lane changing, just pulls you through corners.

as you say, there is a flavour for everyone.

Edited by newsuba