Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Do I need tune with these mods?

1 minute ago, Subru said:

Like the idea for a 3 port, any specific brand?

Go to a truck parts place and get a 12v mac valve/solenoid. Thats all the aftermarket gonadfastbits ones are just without the gonadfastbitsjdm mark up. 

1 minute ago, evowrx said:

Go to a truck parts place and get a 12v mac valve/solenoid. Thats all the aftermarket gonadfastbits ones are just without the gonadfastbitsjdm mark up. 

wait what? xD 

Truck part on a Subaru sounds fun hehe

2 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

take that part number 

35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA

and go nuts with a search. you'll be surprised how cheap you can find em

haha 2 seconds later... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Boost-solenoid-valve-BCS-35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA-GLOBAL-Shipping-USA-Quality-/331015545938?epid=672445807&hash=item4d12106452:g:IsMAAMXQYwFRgX6-&vxp=mtr

Edited by Subru

8 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

if buying walbro, buy through a dealer. pro wholesale in tauranga spring to mind.

bear in mind they are NOISY

not bosch 044 noisy, but up there. the deatchwerks ones are nearly silent, and apparently flow higher than rated

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeatschWerks-DW200-255-LPH-Fuel-Pump-Install-Kit-02-07-Subaru-WRX-STI-Impreza-/181949617172?epid=1153029098&hash=item2a5d0ad414:g:1wEAAOSwsXFZJk3z&vxp=mtr

dis?
Why do the Americans always say "02-07"? Did they not get the v7 until 2002?

Edited by Subru

correct, they also didnt get the sti bugeye. 

they also only got the v8 for one year, so the majority of their "blobeyes" are actually v9's hence the confusion in the yanks calling hawkeyes v9's.

there are major differences between the v8 and v9, about the only thing that was the same between the v8 and v9 is the front end lol

yep that pumps the one 

1 minute ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

correct, they also didnt get the sti bugeye. 

they also only got the v8 for one year, so the majority of their "blobeyes" are actually v9's hence the confusion in the yanks calling hawkeyes v9's.

there are major differences between the v8 and v9, about the only thing that was the same between the v8 and v9 is the front end lol

yep that pumps the one 

they missin out :) 

• Like 1

• Admin

Ok, a thought I have had that isn't completely rubbish.

If you think in the future you might want to make plenty of power (>230kw) then a mod you should do right before your first ever tune is injectors.

Ideally some ID1050s or cheaper clones, or decap your pinks.

That way, you pay ~$1200 or so for the base tune, and everything thereafter, even relatively big changes like a different turbo, will just be touch-up tunes, as mentioned by @Inked, and be cheap.

If you get tuned then change the injectors, it fundamentally alters the tune so much you're basically looking at a base tune again, most of the time, $$$.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boon said:

Ok, a thought I have had that isn't completely rubbish.

If you think in the future you might want to make plenty of power (>230kw) then a mod you should do right before your first ever tune is injectors.

Ideally some ID1050s or cheaper clones, or decap your pinks.

That way, you pay ~$1200 or so for the base tune, and everything thereafter, even relatively big changes like a different turbo, will just be touch-up tunes, as mentioned by @Inked, and be cheap.

If you get tuned then change the injectors, it fundamentally alters the tune so much you're basically looking at a base tune again, most of the time, $$$.

i can confirm my retune 'touchup tune' cost after changing injectors was fairly expensive

• Like 1

Yea injectors are a game changer but if you dont plan on big changes for a while its not much point. Swapping the turbo means its near enough to a full tune anyway its just the idle etc that needs changing.

Just a word of caution. You cant install the 3-port without a tune. Its a completely different way of setting up boost on our cars. Stock there is a boost pill and a 2 port solenoid system. Quite different wastegate table settings  when tuning.. Also if you want a before and after dyno chart, you'll have to run your standard 2-port on the dyno first.

Food for thought :)

• Like 1

On 7/12/2017 at 9:35 AM, Niran said:

Just a word of caution. You cant install the 3-port without a tune. Its a completely different way of setting up boost on our cars. Stock there is a boost pill and a 2 port solenoid system. Quite different wastegate table settings  when tuning.. Also if you want a before and after dyno chart, you'll have to run your standard 2-port on the dyno first.

Food for thought :)

Hey, do you have one on yours atm? I'm 50/50 on wether I should get it. Only really looking at 22-23PSI max. 

1 hour ago, BeastGRB said:

Hey, do you have one on yours atm? I'm 50/50 on wether I should get it. Only really looking at 22-23PSI max. 

It's not about the boost pressure its just better at doing its job.

2 hours ago, evowrx said:

It's not about the boost pressure its just better at doing its job.

Ahh I see. As far as I'm aware the factory will do just fine? Or otherwise from your experience? I've got the turbo on order now and will probably order other stuff so it all comes roughly the same time. Worst case scenario I can just get one from PBMS as they have heaps when I dropped by to get my car initial check-up.