Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

XRT spamvertising discussion

• Admin

The reason I'm an active and paying ClubSub member is simply because of the community.
Although I'm disappointed to admit that it's better in person than it is online.
Everyone I've met at Auckland meets, FlatNats etc has been pretty welcoming, helpful and willing to go the extra mile. Why can't that attitude be transferred to these forums?

I have heard of XRT and West_Minst on other forums, and from what I have read the services that  are provided do seem good.

Im not going to get into the debate of dyno/road/remote tuning.

What seems to be the main issue that I can see is the way that West_Minst brought up the XRT remote tunes.  Also I might be wrong but I think West_Minst is from barbadoes, so his English may not be the best.

Maybe we can wipe the slate clean of whats happen previously and get West_Minst to set up an new thread in product services and reviews and not spam peoples threads with XRT can do this and that. If he provide helpful advice without involving spamming his work then fine. Having another opinion is always good.

Ok rant over

P.S - i think if you are promoting a certain business or product and have a vested interest in it then it would be good to know too.

Edited by SpeedySub
Had more to add - not much just a little
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Joker said:

this is why the likes of Crunchy or Ichi Ban dont come on any more : tall poppy syndrome

by trying to keep "the way its always been around here" is going to kill us

Murch was nothing like the case in point at all. Never seen any form of advertising along the lines of this by Rick either.

So leave that out of the debate.

Very little modding happens on the forums these days theyre a damn sight more pc than they were. Unfortunatly this is the internet and people tend to say things they wouldnt say in real life but thats just the way it is.

Anyone coming onto a forum promoting themselves with a holier than thou attitude is likely to be modded by the larger community. I dont agree entirely with the actions of either member involved. The manly and racist slurs have no place on the forum and as Im far as Im concerned its pathetic.

If anyone has an issue with a post or member hit the report button thats what its there for. There may be an arrangement with a member paying for advertising I guess you dont know if you dont ask right?

• Like 4

Just now, Joker said:

My point was over zealous members have chased away quite a few very knowledgeable & handy people to the club that's why I mentioned them

Most of us are adults and deal with real S*** every day and know life's not always perfect. If youre going to promote goods or a service on a forum you can put money on someone not agreeing or thinking they know better. Its how you react to that that others will judge you on.

• Like 3

was about to say same @evowrx , it's a great club/forum because it's open AF and not moderated to a T. the guy clearly came to the forums to promote his services and frankly his attitude / the way he went about it left a lot to be desired. if i were still in the market for such services, i would quickly rule the company he represents out of the equation as service (before and after) is obviously quite an important aspect to a tune, especially if it's done remotely where it's unlikely to be perfect first time.

@west_minist you should know you are openly representing your company and as such should come across how you would in person to your customers.

i would still like to see the following topics around the type of service being promoted openly discussed for educational benefit. are you going to answer any of the questions asked of you in the thread?

• what are the benefits of remote tune from scratch, or is it something you only do for 'touch ups' or where personal tuner is not available.
  • what tools do you need before you start working with a remote tuner (eg. wideband, tactrix cables, laptop etc.?). 
  • what risks does the customer take on / what are the common disclaimers ?
  • general positives and benefits.
  • if you wanted to speak specifically about your company or discuss software you use / give examples what makes you different from the rest, as there are many options at various price points.

• Like 6

Please direct me where to post. While such chatting was going, I was extensively helping a customer work on his neighbour remove the cobbs AP to tune with me. My apologies with short and not so clear replies, but having many windows opened and focusing on tuning boosted cars really takes my attention away.

To your reply @Batbaruman I get sooooooooooooo often, I just prepare pages. So if I post a page, you hear I am advertising.

I spend hours calibrating. I just don't tune. I look for the possible way to get peak performance and response out of a car, it is now taking a told on me and my family were I don't have time. Maybe this is why people just likely tune and leave such tuning for more expensive builds. But because I drive and race from time to time, I just love to feel a responsive car. 

So look here to answer you questions. If I need more, please let me know. My apologies! 

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/2017/07/16/remote-tuning/

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/2017/07/16/what-makes-xrt-different-to-other-tuning-companiestuners/

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/2017/06/18/cobb-ap-pro-tune-xrt-the-differences/

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/about/

• Like 2

• General Member

ok good group cuddle & lets carry on Being the best JDM Subaru Forum in the world? (Used to be the largest collection of English turbo JDM Subaru knowledge in existence & the oldest & largest Subaru community in NZ?

everyone tone it down a notch & just get on helping each other, & perhaps a few less link posted per day eh (perhaps one a day max?) if others ask then some may still refer them to you

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hey remember I have day job I.T. Tune mostly in the evening. I only have time for forums unless directly contacted. 

Also I am a father of 3 child. All small. One just a little over a week old. So you fathers out there, you know how mummies can be :)

I will try guys. If you have any questions that you think I can help on the forum, just msg me [email protected] and just highlight the link and maybe a little info and I can jump on as soon as I can and help.

Because I have a support group of International persons on BBM (everyone has a Android or Iphone), they usually msg me and re-post or communicate directly to persons with issues.