Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Lowering springs not low

Subru

... Well, I brought some H&R springs, apparently decent ones (progressive and all that stuff) and loweres the car by "35mm", I just chucked one of the rear springs on the car, dropped it down and its pretty much the same height as before, maybe a few mm dropped but definitely not even 10mm. They are designed for 'gg' chassis (among others) so its for the correct car...

They are a bit of a bi**h to do this all myself so dont wanna do em all yet. I might do em anyway because they are new springs and supposedly better.

Other than laughing, are there any suggestions/reasons why this is happening?

8 minutes ago, IZichard said:

They should settle a little after driving on them for a few days since they are new, but they won't drop a whole lot more. Picture?

No need for picture, its pretty much exactly the same. I could get one up tomorrow if u want tho.

:(:( 

3 minutes ago, Subru said:

No need for picture, its pretty much exactly the same. I could get one up tomorrow if u want tho.

:(:( 

Jump up and down in the boot for a bit and see if it gets any better :P for real though it should settle a bit. Did the ad have a picture of a car running the springs?

Could always keep a couple dead bodies in the boot to maintain the low stance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IZichard said:

Jump up and down in the boot for a bit and see if it gets any better :P for real though it should settle a bit. Did the ad have a picture of a car running the springs?

Could always keep a couple dead bodies in the boot to maintain the low stance.

nah it didnt have any pictures.

I already keep dead bodies in the boot, no room for any more... :P 

You need to at least drive it in and out of the garage to settle it. Generally when you drop the car your tyres sit so they give positive camber which makes it look higher. 

With my bh5 the teks were sitting outside the guards until I went up and down the drive then they sat inside the guard.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Subru said:

Rear spring. Pics

Stock Sti spring:

http://imgur.com/hNIeRaj

H&R 'lowering' spring:

http://imgur.com/Jfd5aVd

Pic of Spring:

http://imgur.com/CPdcllR

http://imgur.com/vAshN8W

ffs the links dont show as pictures... u have to click em 

add ".jpg" to the end of all the links and they will show

What @Leufkax said, it definitely lowered a bit, it will probably settle more after some driving.

• Like 1

Just now, iludez said:

Install at least the rears and drive it, then see the difference. Did they state 35mm drop from sti springs or wrx springs?

Sent from my K3 Note using Tapatalk

it has wrx+sti written on the sticker (pic above) and on a few websites it says 35mm as well as the trademe listing.

2 minutes ago, evowrx said:

Does it look the top of the tyre is closer to the arch? Drive up and down the driver and turn as far each way as you can. Or take it for a quick strop. Really need to get both sides in tho.

I might get the other side in maybe tomorrow and ill do that. It may be 5mm closer but barely noticeable or even close to what its supposed to be. Will see for sure after I have taken for drive with both springs done.

• Like 2

This has happened to me before on a few different cars. 

youll probably find the fronts do go 35mm lower (with the new springs in). But the rears are sometimes higher to allow for loading the rear (well that's an excuse I was given when it happened to me but I wouldn't be surprised if its bull pukka)

id definately talk talk to the person who you bought them off. But not before checking the height with both the rears done and then drive it down the road and back. 

They will "settle" but it will be F*** all. If u do the fronts and it's still high in the rear you Could get them compressed 

I installed other rear spring and it when I deopped it, there was prob a 10-15mm drop which is okay but when I took the front strut out... it looked a bit wrong, Side by side below

I couldnt even remove the front spring because the spring compressors needed more coils to attach too and there was only coils close togeather so I couldnt compress it enough to get it off..

need helps...

20170819_130210.jpg

If you call ahead and take your shocks and springs to a garage they'll probably be able to swap them in like 15mins. Length of new spring looks longer but it's probably slightly softer so should still get a height drop hopefully. 

bro you arent listening , everyones said it already. they need time to settle, especially brand new stiff springs. i'm pretty sure it's like 2-3 weeks to settle properly. after this you go get a wheel alignment. perfectly fine to drive in the mean time but things will all get better once they set in and 4 wheel alignment done.

• Like 2