Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

P1706 AT VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION (REAR WHEEL)

willisnz

Anyone ever thrown this code on a BP/BL legacy before?

Have always had a hard shift between 1st and 2nd and low speeds/throttle. Out of interest pulled the TCU error codes using Romraider yesterday and it had this code.  I had the sport, ABS and traction control lights flashing as I pulled into my driveway on Sat, which is what prompted me to pull the codes yesterday.  I had left my tactrix plugged in but not hooked up to my laptop and it didn't happen after I turned the car off, unplugged tactrix and started the car again. So didn't think anything of it until I hooked the tactrix back up yesterday.

Found this discussion on LGT where people report similar weird shifting issues, particularly between 1st/2nd, when they threw that code

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/sport-light-blinking-84513.html

So may be off to see @Subirex Automotive for some diagnosis....

This has also reminded me that I pulled cruise control code ages ago in FreeSSM, which may be related...

ePqQdif.png

If I remember correctly if you leave your Tactrix plugged in for too long it causes the car to throw a check engine  or some other warning light at you, do not remember which one it was but my 3.0 definitely did it, and it was definitely caused by Tactrix - did not register any fault codes though more like a bug.

The first time it happened when Kido was tuning my car and we went for a test ride with his Tactrix and laptop hooked up, been told it was normal. Than it happened a number of times during log runs etc, never threw any codes. I'd hazard a guess that your fault code is actually something else/previously registered event. 

Edited by sobanoodle

1 minute ago, Andy_Mac said:

Na shouldn't be related. Think it's with any diagnostic tool like a Tactrix, throws the airbag light but doesn't actually activate a code for a fault. Some theorise it's a feature built in to prevent tech's leaving pricey scan tools behind in cars 

Yeah that ^ the airbag light, freaked out when I saw it for the first time :D

Did some TCU logging of real/front wheel speed on my drives too and from work. The logs round wheel speed sensor readings to zero dp, which is annoying.  Had the live graph while driving which doesn't round and could see tiny fluctuations on the rear speed while the front looked flatter, but not sure if it was enough to indicate this was definitely the problem. Plotted the difference between front and rear and it fluctuates pretty evenly between +1 and -1 with the rare +2 (rear 2kmh slower).  Then I saw this on my log home and read the codes and P1706 had been re-triggered, haha, think we have a winner!

bjHvGOP.png