• Announcements

• RAYDEO

ClubSUB 2018 Calendar is now avilable!   24/09/17

Click here for more info!

The 2018 ClubSUB Calendar, Powered by Possum Borne Motorsport is now available.

12 Hand picked full colour photos, taken by menbers, submitted by members and chosen by members.
      All vehicles in the calendar are owned by members of the NZ Subaru Enthusiasts community.

A massive thanks to the team at PBMS for coming on board for another year!

This is a very sought after calendar and only available for a limited time.
      Also, if you are a subscribed member of ClubSUB, you will be in for a descent discount, so make sure you're logged in.

Please note, as these are printed to order, shipping will be delayed. we will make 3 orders, October 30th, November 27th, and December 11th. If you dont order intime to make one of these shipping dates, we will get it out to you in the new year.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valkyrie

STI Forester on sale in TM

10 posts in this topic

Hi Christchurch team, I am looking to get myself a "FAMILY" SUV and the first one I can think of is a Forester !!!!!!

On trademe there is a STI version on sale in Christchurch with reasonable mileage and price I think?! Just wondering if anyone can do a initial check for me before I get into detail negotiation with the saler.

Or does anyone knows about the car?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1437579475

Thanks and Cheers

Im happy to go have a look if you like. I can take some photos and a video of it running too.

My concern would be the condition of the center diff, if the owner has been replacing tyres by the pair it could have done damage. Good rotation discipline is key with subies, so you replace all 4 tires at the same time

But all in all, foresters are wicked. I love em, and it's the better looking pre facelift front end. Kms are pretty good too, but I'd still be looking for service history

1 person likes this

Im  going to have a look at this for @Valkyrie as soon as I hear from the seller

4 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

My concern would be the condition of the center diff, if the owner has been replacing tyres by the pair it could have done damage. Good rotation discipline is key with subies, so you replace all 4 tires at the same time

Whats the best way to check the center diff (if any). Is it the tight turn at slow speed to check binding?

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

Im  going to have a look at this for @Valkyrie as soon as I hear from the seller

Whats the best way to check the center diff (if any). Is it the tight turn at slow speed to check binding?

Pretty much this.

1 person likes this

Take it for a good drive. Like, minimum 45 mins. Get the trans good and warm. 

Slow down, pull over, then do a real slow full lock u turn, each way. If it's binding, you'll get wheel Skip and it'll feel... Yuk. 

1 person likes this

Sweet, thank for the help. 

Looking forward to driving a forrester - never driven one before

They drive like a sti, but a lot more punch down low. 1 bar boost is the target setting (14.7 psi)

Run out of puff at the top end, lots of gains to be had from a return (new owner should have a chat to the sas lads, and should also come along to flatnats labour weekend!!!!!!!!)

Thank Kiwi-Fozze for the advices.

Thank SpeedySub for the checking.

1 person likes this

Oh, it should have a little body roll, and going from an sti you should notice a lot more sag and roll in the arse of it. The rear sway bars are woefully small