Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Where did everyone buy their cotton overalls?

IZichard

10 hours ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

I'm assuming for track day, I have a question. 

I have some 88% cotton / nylon blend overalls that's been impregnated with flame retardant, will they be fine?

I would give Christchurch Trackdays an email and they can say yes or no. Better to find out early than try to find something on the day.

Another option is Savemart or whatever the equivalent is near you. I had a look at the one near me and they only had 1 that was 100% cotton but was short sleeved. The dearest overalls in general were $20. 

Edited by SpeedySub

• 3 months later...

So someone could look at getting a group of 5 or more people together and then you may get a bigger discount. Either directly with the manufacturers or a local store.

FYI cotton overalls are pretty poor at stopping you burn. In fact it's not that they require them as they don't burn, they just don't melt and bond into your skin when they burn like polyester or nylon :S

Also the overalls were meant to have sealed cuffs as well but not all scrutineers will enforce that.

If you have the spare cash suits start around a few hundred and actually resist burning and self extinguish. Plus you look way faster.

If you do get cotton overalls then the pale colors are nicer on a hot day if you are standing around. Yes you wrap the sleeves around your waist so they are just pants when out of the car but they are still F***ing hot in summer.

As @Andy_Mac said all the towel/washing and uniform companies sell overalls.

Try the ones Andy suggested as well as:

Don't do 100% cotton:

• nzsafetyblackwoods
  • farmlands
  • bunnings
  • mitre10

New Zealand race suits:

As @Inked discovered racetech are great to deal with as are chicane who both shared a booth at the last speed-show.

There are suppliers in NZ for most brands. Ie alpine star, sparco, sabelt so if you want some particular style it will be around. 

29 minutes ago, Loren said:

Just bought two Alpinestars packages (2 layer suits, gloves and boots) for myself and daughter... cool to have, but it does major damage to your wallet.

Reduces stress of kids in the car as so has many layers of benefits.

Alpinestar make really nice gloves. I hunk I'll be getting a pair soon, maybe even tomorrow.

Wait until you look at 3 layer FIA ones they make your wallet vanish :kidney:

the high end ones are getting cheaper and the low end is staying the same.

Edited by Gripless

13 minutes ago, Gripless said:

Reduces stress of kids in the car as so has many layers of benefits.

Alpinestar make really nice gloves. I hunk I'll be getting a pair soon, maybe even tomorrow.

Wait until you look at 3 layer FIA ones they make your wallet vanish :kidney:

the high end ones are getting cheaper and the low end is staying the same.

Definitely... the sky is the limit when it comes to spending money on practically any motorsport related item.

When I finally break into F1 or WRC (I'm undecided, but talented enough to do either), I won't be paying for any of it :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loren said:

Just bought two Alpinestars packages (2 layer suits, gloves and boots) for myself and daughter... cool to have, but it does major damage to your wallet.

This is what I got also. I feel if the worst was to happen in event of fire and your to be unconscious until the Marshalls get to the car I'm going to buy something that will potentially save your life.

It's a small price to pay for a massive return if this was to be needed. Plus wearing it a couple of times a year hang it up it's not something you will need to replace often unless the rules enforce it.