Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Tire lettering

Subru

Does anyone here have tire lettering on their wheels? Always like the look of tire lettering however im not sure weather it would look good on my car or just a dumb idea... What do you guys think of it?

I saw a lowered GRB with tire lettering and ohh man it looks so good on those...

If not, might take a quick look at windscreen stickers, the right ones look mint imo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STI-Decal-Subaru-Sticker-Windshield-banner-Vinyl-Graphic-WRX-Impreza-Logo-emblem-/232329435041?var=&hash=item3617e9d7a1:g:QQcAAOSwY3BZEhhU&vxp=mtr

I guess they are both reversible if they look sh*t.

Edit: found this

Image result for subaru wagon tire lettering

Would look better if blue and bit lower but you get the idea. looks okay.

• Like 1

I  think they look good on the right car. But as you said they can removed so why not give it a go. Or if you any good at photoshop you could paste something up to see how looks before hand.

Just don't do what I saw in a video where the guys were grinding the sidewalls smooth tout put the stickers on!

3 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

I  think they look good on the right car. But as you said they can removed so why not give it a go. Or if you any good at photoshop you could paste something up to see how looks before hand.

Just don't do what I saw in a video where the guys were grinding the sidewalls smooth tout put the stickers on!

Yeah I can photoshop. Might do that.

Will the stickers stick on without grinding the sidewall (had no intentions of doing so... xD)?

Yeah I have them on my car, I really like them. 

Yes they are removable, however it depends on how you attach them and the type of lettering you get. 

I sanded the sidewall where I was attaching them to, so that I had a smoothish surface for them to attach to, I also used a heat gun to apply some heat prior to gluing them on, as I don't really fancy one of my letters flying off when driving 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Subru said:

Yeah I can photoshop. Might do that.

Will the stickers stick on without grinding the sidewall (had no intentions of doing so... xD)?

I have no idea?

Im guessing they will. The clip I saw was some dodgy stuff, I think it was the whole smooth side wall with lettering cause racecar look. Was some overseas guys just grinding away at the side wall, I might see if I can find it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iludez said:

lettering pen instead

1 hour ago, Subru said:

uhh lettering pen. I might look at that.

I looked into this and apparently it isn't worth it, the longevity isn't great and the pen leaves your tyres a mess if you don't continue to apply. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

yeah i have a bunch of lettering pens in from ebay a while back when was considering.. after reading about how high maintenance it would be once applied i gave up on that idea. theres a few tyre shops now that do them stickers for $2 or $3 a letter installed.

About $200 for 'Bridgestone Potenza" for example. I can buy similar off ebay for around $120.

Still keen to do either sometime. Also considering a large windscreen sticker as well but unsure what to have written and I still have mixed opinions on doing that.

5 minutes ago, Subru said:

About $200 for 'Bridgestone Potenza" for example. I can buy similar off ebay for around $120.

Still keen to do either sometime. Also considering a large windscreen sticker as well but unsure what to have written and I still have mixed opinions on doing that.

ohh man thats a shitload to spend just on generic tyre lettering, print your forum name on there and have fun explaining to people why its subru and not subaru haha

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, boon said:

Holy S*** $120 for a complete wank purely cosmetic mod? No thanks.

If it was like $30 maybe, they look cool on a few cars where they fit the styling of the entire vehicle.

Yeah, they looks MINT on GRB's but im not too sure about my GGB... 

• General Member

Kiwi company even : http://www.nonakedtyres.co.nz/

Speedhunters.png nexen-small-wbste.jpg

Says' $200, $50 per tire (or 6 interest free payments from $33.16)

No Naked Tyre Kits are Brand NEW.

Choose only the best products that are proven to work AND LAST!!!

x1 Set required for 4 tyres (Comes with x8 - enough for x2 per tyre)
Patented industrial adhesive included with every order

Great gift idea or a gift for your car

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

just a quickie... is expensive just for looks but is your car do what you like.i think it can suit any blue or red subi

Zl4G770.jpg

SRlg9lr.jpg

Ohh that looks mint! The wheels IRL would be a lot more clean looking and less bright I think so it would be sweet haha.

Do you think white wheels and tyre lettering or just lettering?

$200 is expensive but it makes it look so good I think.

• Like 2

Ohh that looks mint! The wheels IRL would be a lot more clean looking and less bright I think so it would be sweet haha.
Hurry up and do your wheels white

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Subru said:

bugger didnt save psd version of last one so had to redo it lol, slightly less bright. i reckon itll look awesome with both but personally wouldn't be too keen on adding that kind of cost unless tyres will last you ages, as essentially you are turning $150 tyres in to $200 tyres. its surprising how good the stock rims can look in white, almost makes me regret swapping away mine !

X0E8W29.jpg

45 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

bugger didnt save psd version of last one so had to redo it lol, slightly less bright. i reckon itll look awesome with both but personally wouldn't be too keen on adding that kind of cost unless tyres will last you ages, as essentially you are turning $150 tyres in to $200 tyres. its surprising how good the stock rims can look in white, almost makes me regret swapping away mine !

X0E8W29.jpg

Yeah I think both would be nice. I think its worth $200, yes its expensive for what it is however it makes it pop much more and its gonna pay its self off every time you look at it xD

Golds are nice but I gotta say, I prefer white.

• Like 1