Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Legacy Model? Car shopping

sti4sale

Hi guys

Im after a white subaru wagon similar to the one below.

What model is this one? it has extra options on the steering wheel for hands free which is what im after. Any other models people would recommend?

Can anyone recommend a car yard in Auckland that would be able to source one or does anyone on here have one they are thinking of selling?

662555931.jpg

662556124.jpg

• Like 1

It' is a 5th generation BR9 Legacy - 2.5 litre non-turbo with CVT transmission.

Not a povo spec at all - S package (headlights, bumper, skirts, carbon-like trim, 18x7.5 alloys), semi-leather seats, cruise control/eye sights, McIntosh audio system which imho sound pretty awesome (hands free calling through speakers, music over Bluetooth or AUX inside armrest). Keep in mind though that (as far as I know) navigation will not work in NZ, even if you get correct maps and you cannot change system language to English.

• Like 1

Thanks!

Whats a povo?

Do you know which models have hands free built in?

Does it cost much to have it installed? it wont have the pickup and hangup on steering wheel though

If you want all the hands free built in and working get a NZ new one. All the jap import ones will have a unit in Japanese and most of the car company’s cut all the wires and remove bits that are hanging around the window and so on. Best bet is NZ new or look at getting one installed. They range in price from cheap to $1500 depending on how flash you want to go.

How can you tell if its nz new?

Is it just the stereo/handsfree that wont be working which can be changed but will cost $?

Im after a company car and it needs to be white so dont want to narrow down the search so far i wont be able to find anything,lol

Can tell if NZ you weather it already registered in NZ from the year it was made. If not on the rego label it will show a date in small area that will show the date it was first registered in NZ. eg the model on the rego will show something like 2010 Subaru legacy and then a small area will show 10/17 which tells you it a fresh import into NZ and only just been registered in October this year.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/auction-1454095787.htm

This is the only white one on trademe that looks like it has a non Japanese headunit. Someone installed a newer one at some stage.

Best bet get a white one don't matter if jap import or not and then take it to hyper or rapid radio or some place like that in Auckland and get them to install one or give you the options you could take at getting the setup you want done

The one in your original post has hands free calling, factory installed not aftermarket. BUT the whole entertainment system is in Japanese - not that crucial just will have to find out what is what in the menus to start with. 

Povo == poverty spec i.e a lower spec car :D

NZ new Legacies will always have 260km/h speedometer, not 180km/h. 

• Like 1

Cheers!

Is there anything else i should look for when viewing this model?

Can anyone recommend a pre purchase inspector?

Is it worth getting a pre purchase inspection if i buy from a car yard?

I like the look of the car i put in my original post. It has 115k on clock though, was hoping for lower and the guy has only had for 3 months. Says its surplus to company requirements. Sounds far fetched

Edited by sti4sale

2 hours ago, sti4sale said:

Cheers!

Is there anything else i should look for when viewing this model?

Can anyone recommend a pre purchase inspector?

I like the look of the car i put in my original post. It has 115k on clock though, was hoping for lower and the guy has only had for 3 months. Says its surplus to company requirements. Sounds far fetched

Hey man, I have a BR legacy for sale in the classifieds section. Higher KM but that is reflected in the price :) let me know if you're interested

9 hours ago, sti4sale said:

Most definitely!! The used car market in Auckland is pretty cut-throat, they'll tell you whatever they need to to get a sale, and most of them are as straight as a banana. Trust none of them, and always get someone you trust, and who knows the make, to give it a once over. It could save you thousands.

• Like 1