Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Wrx and sti fuel economy?

Gripless

So what do people get on the built in dash display of km per litre?

since they rest and are based on the current trip counter they are easy to reset.

best I've ever gotten was 10.0 on motorway roll, but more recently it's dropped back to 9.6 at the best.

most of the time it's down in the 7.4 range.

I dont have a build in one but I can show you my stats.

I get about 350kms out of $95-$100 of 98 which is around $2.20/L iirc.

Think its around 45 liters so about 7.5 - 8.0 km per liter which is not very good. Poor Subis are heavy drinkers... :( 

3 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Something up with your car bro, shouldn't be that bad. 

I get just over 500km from a tank, bit less around town. Tuned at 22psi

V7 sti so 60l tank

what you serious??

What could be going on, something like a sensor issue? 

Im getting a tune soon, maybe the tuner can find something going on with fueling.

1 hour ago, Subru said:

what you serious??

Im getting a tune soon, maybe the tuner can find something going on with fueling.

In my experience with 3 STis... they all got terrible mileage on the factory tune, but much better with a

custom tune. I could get 400 km/tank on the factory tune with normal highway driving... but around town

I would have to drive very very carefully to get that... I only did it once, and it sucked.

Actually, only two of them ever had a factory tune... one I had tuned from factory, one was never tuned, and

one was already tuned.

Edited by Loren

My old rs used to get between 180-240kms off $40. I didn't rape it but certainly didn't nana it either. 

Originally used to only get 120-150 but I found out (because widebands are handy as F***) that my car would run quite rich with anything over about 1/10th throttle input and it was sitting around 12-13 afr with only a wee touch of the throttle(which is rich), but when I ran it with only the tiniest bit of throttle input like 5% it would run at 14.5 AFR. What does all this gibberish mean you ask? Well I gained about 50km per $40 driving it at 14.5 as opposed to the 12.

Morale of the story? GET A WIDEBAND, study AFR and save yourself big $$ in fuel driving to the afr. Plus it's also super handy for diagnosing things. If the AFR changes from the normal to something different you're instantly able to see this on the gauge. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Subru said:

what you serious??

The v7's are pig rich out of the box, untuned mods only make it worse. Lots to be had from a tune, and I'd be looking to replace your front o2 sensor. It may not have failed yet, but it could well be heading that way. 

I'd hold a spare and take it with you when going for a tune, tuner will be able to tell if it's slow / inaccurate / dying

Just now, Kiwi_Fozze said:

The v7's are pig rich out of the box, untuned mods only make it worse. Lots to be had from a tune, and I'd be looking to replace your front o2 sensor. It may not have failed yet, but it could well be heading that way. 

I'd hold a spare and take it with you when going for a tune, tuner will be able to tell if it's slow / inaccurate / dying

Okay, a o2 sensor came with the downpipe I just got today, it might be newer than my current one so ill get the guys to figure out which one is in best condition before they put downpipe back on (getting DP swapped out same time as clutch). 

3 minutes ago, boyracer693 said:

I get close to 600km's to a tank with a tank full of BP98

maaan, im missing out.... Why is mine using so much? I took it for a dyno run when I got it and everything seemed to be okay and the economy hasn't changed since then...

Ima do some research.

19 minutes ago, Subru said:

maaan, im missing out.... Why is mine using so much? I took it for a dyno run when I got it and everything seemed to be okay and the economy hasn't changed since then...

Ima do some research.

Ive read your garage thread but cant remember, did you change your injectors or fuel pump?

1 minute ago, boyracer693 said:

Could be your fuel pump making your economy a bit second rate

idk, the fuel economy was just as bad before I put in the fuelpump. Its gonna get tuned in the near future so I guess that could fix it.

Dash display seems like it is actually out due to the way it averages.

also I mode seems to alter the display faster than the same speed rpm in s or s#.

not sure if it's just the small movements of the pedal are smoothed out in the map of the Ecu read has some other code.