Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Gauge Cluster

thewabbit1

• Admin

So I have plans to get the BH5 tuned, and for that I need (would like) a wide band. To also keep my mind at rest I thought I might aswell get an oil temp/pressure gauge as well. I bought a gauge cluster to sit on the dash to mount them in.

Its early days and I'm going to sit on it for a few weeks, but am interested to hear what you guys think of it....

Also keen to hear if anyone here has had there BE/BH (revD ) tuned. Touched base with SAS (I'm in chch) a while back but will follow up again soon to check they're able to and what it'll set me back

CkM7vpo.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty good place for gauges and looks good match to the car.

Oil temp is ok but only tells you if you're really over heating the oil which is unlikely unless you have some heavy and poor mods.

oil pressure is great shows you surge or pickup issues but only sometimes before it's too late. Saved me from an engine rebuild when a main seal started to go.

wideband is ok but if your can has been tuned it won't show you much unless you have a fuel or air leak. Innovate ones can feed any stock Ecu as well (which is the one I will likely get). The analogue output can be set to toggle voltage like the stock o2 sensor. By default it's wideband as well but you can edit it.

If you can get the gauges with warning lights, or set the gauges so when normal the needle is straight up. That way they are easy to glance at on the track. But some people don't like gauges that sit twisted around. 

Oh and get ones with a headlight input for dimming or ones that are red or night driving sucks.

other cool option that wont fit in the gauge pod is disc brake paint. Changes colour at set temps so tells you how hot the brakes are and if you need better brake fluid or cooling.

Edited by Gripless
Cos bright gauges suck
  • Like 1

• Admin
22 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Where did you find the gauge pod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trademe - its an Autogauge one.

I happened to stumble across these guys tonight - a whole suite of gauges with a digital display ~$250NZD incl shipping... kinda tempting...

https://www.justraceparts.com.au/auto-gauges/digital-multi-gauge

13 minutes ago, thewabbit1 said:

Trademe - its an Autogauge one.

I happened to stumble across these guys tonight - a whole suite of gauges with a digital display ~$250NZD incl shipping... kinda tempting...

https://www.justraceparts.com.au/auto-gauges/digital-multi-gauge

Looks interesting but not cheap when you have to spend another USD$115 to get sensors and centeral hub and the warning light which is the most important.

digital gauges are good for co drivers or diagnostics but you can't glance at them on track.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Gripless said:

Looks interesting but not cheap when you have to spend another USD$115 to get sensors and centeral hub and the warning light which is the most important.

digital gauges are good for co drivers or diagnostics but you can't glance at them on track.

The site defaults to AUD, the 250 includes the sensors, you can also set it up to show a mix of different sized readings

It's kind of cool but again setup of limits and warning light are the most important bits if you are going to use on track.

anything that lets you see what's going on daily and have something to compare to when you suspect faults is most likely worth that much if you install the sensors yourself. 

Gauges are good I guess.. but if you are too busy hard out driving it you won't even get to look at them .. digital with peak hold,etc would be ok.

I've got Android car stereo with the 10.2" screen($450) and BTSSM running, so I get gauges and logging/alerts, just using the VAG cable too ($8)