Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

05 Legacy options

NTYCME

Hey everyone

Im finally back in a Subaru, used to have a 04 v9 wrx hatch years ago some of you may remember

Anyway, typical jap import has the talking card reader I'll take out soon but what have people done with the GPS screen above the stereo?

Currently it shows me driving around the ocean constantly, I know you can swap the unit out for a pocket but can't see the point in doing so

Does anyone know of anyway to replace the brains of it and get it working in NZ? Or, has anyone managed to modify one and put another screen/GPS unit in its place?

41 minutes ago, NTYCME said:

Hey everyone

Im finally back in a Subaru, used to have a 04 v9 wrx hatch years ago some of you may remember

Anyway, typical jap import has the talking card reader I'll take out soon but what have people done with the GPS screen above the stereo?

Currently it shows me driving around the ocean constantly, I know you can swap the unit out for a pocket but can't see the point in doing so

Does anyone know of anyway to replace the brains of it and get it working in NZ? Or, has anyone managed to modify one and put another screen/GPS unit in its place?

These guys did my 06 Legacy but it may not work on all nav systems 

Installer Services

14 Ryan Pl, Manukau, 2104

PH 0800 348 669 

I went with an Android heat unit to replace the factory stereo .. mine is huge but you can get smaller single DIN models.  Takes away the hassle of mounting solutions + power management.  Auto shuts down with car and stays in sleep time for 30mins then full power down(configurable).

still haven't take the plastic film off the front yet :) but the VAG cable,etc is nicely routed now

20171116_085837_Copy.jpg20171115_233900_Copy.jpg

Edited by killervq30de

• Admin
2 hours ago, csrgm1915 said:

@pharnos what do I need to have this running? I was going to buy an iPad mini and install it into the same place as the gps screen on my 07 LGTB. This would be great! 

That’s about the best thread for doing the install with a Nexus 7

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21888

Go for Android if possible. The configurability options are hugely better than Apple. I’ve got mine hooked up to my OBD2 port and HU so does everything you could ever want. The custom Android ROM for the Nexus 7 makes a huge difference too.

98962133-9E92-40B5-AF29-67CBEB8B6AD1_zpsmqejjtnl

C0453864-FCCA-4F50-8887-3E82F281998E_zpsujd0v3mq

• Like 1

• Admin

50 minutes ago, csrgm1915 said:

@Andy_Mac I have the Elm327 and Dashcommand running, however it isn’t giving me any live information. After doing some reading around is it that Elm327 is only OBDii and I need an adapter that support SSM? If so which adapter in NZ supports this? 

So much head scratching lately!!!!

ELM327 adaptors also don’t like Jap cars much either.

Are you looking for a wireless solution or will wired do? Assume your using Android since your using dash command. Best bet for compatibility and usefullness would be to grab the BTSSM app and get the wireless adaptor they sell on their site.

Costs more than an ebay alternative but is guaranteed to work with their app as it was designed for it.

http://www.btssm.com/?page=hardware

may have to get in touch with them for international shipping but know others outside of the US have managed to get it

37 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

ELM327 adaptors also don’t like Jap cars much either.

Are you looking for a wireless solution or will wired do? Assume your using Android since your using dash command. Best bet for compatibility and usefullness would be to grab the BTSSM app and get the wireless adaptor they sell on their site.

Costs more than an ebay alternative but is guaranteed to work with their app as it was designed for it.

http://www.btssm.com/?page=hardware

may have to get in touch with them for international shipping but know others outside of the US have managed to get it

Thanks! The Elm was only $25 and I had the iPad lying around with dashcommand installed so I’ll maybe wait as it’s not a necessity at this stage.

i also have friends coming over from the states later in the year so maybe I can get them to bring one over for me

Here's my thread for my Nexus tablet install - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cndnsd-2007-gt-si-cruise-bp5-244063.html?t=244063. I'm just using a US$10 vagcom (i think) cable to connect to OBDII, which works well with BTSSM. I was using the 2012 Nexus 7 tablet, but have since replaced that with the 2013 version which is much better (faster, more resposive).

• 3 weeks later...