Loren

Cooling reqs for > 300kw atw

31 posts in this topic

Unsure how true, but have read people say when it's high revving all the time you need to slow the water down through the rad (rather than speed up - drilling thermostat). Obviously you had an issue prior to drilling though so not actually any help.

Fenix rad, 1 factory fan, water cooled turbo & fmic with no issues, although very minor track work compared.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, pl0x said:

Unsure how true, but have read people say when it's high revving all the time you need to slow the water down through the rad (rather than speed up - drilling thermostat). Obviously you had an issue prior to drilling though so not actually any help.

Depends what you read... the cavitation problem is not supposed to be bad with the JDM water pumps... the USDM pumps which are fitted to lower revving

2.5 litre motors are worse. 

If fixing the air flow through the radiator and adding a separate radiator for the turbo doesn't work, replacing the main radiator will be next.

If there are still problems, maybe an electric pump and/or get the tune checked... maybe taking some timing out will help, but I'm not

keen on losing power :0

Edited by Loren

Key word 'through', air around the radiator is like a subwoofer without a box, make :(

plastic meal trays are easy to use for mock up and testing the curved edge help them stay ridged.

Where you get them well ;)

Posted (edited)

Might have been something very simple it turns out... the radiator cap not holding bugger all pressure :$

I've had the turbo water system separated out anyway and I think some radiator shrouds have been added. 

There is a short hillclimb on Sunday so it should be obvious if an improvement has been made.

tmtr.jpg

Edited by Loren

What do you mean 'you think shrouds have been added'. Did you drop it off at Al's and say 'fix it'?

40 minutes ago, GC8E2DD said:

What do you mean 'you think shrouds have been added'. Did you drop it off at Al's and say 'fix it'?

Yes, doing too much of that recently, but I have no time and no decent workspace and am sick of missing out on racing.

1 person likes this