• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chulozumo

Leadfoot 2019

14 posts in this topic

Is anyone heading to leadfoot Febuary next year? Waitangi weekend. 

Anyone keen to book a bach? 

Tickets should be on sale any day now, am tempted to take a caravan this time round. 

Anyone had any experience hiring caravans?

1 person likes this

I'm super keen to go, Missed the last one!! 

Rolling from Gisborne though is a bit of a mission :/ 

1 person likes this

the 2 weeks I did there in a tent at the camp grounds want too bad! next to the beach & Pizzas made on site

2 people like this

Tickets go on sale in August  

1 person likes this

Volunteer spots just opened up on their website!

I HIGHLY recommend this experience

yep Leadfoot is choice but when your working with Rod setting up or doing things & then get invited back to a Private BBQ after in his Mineshaft...

that's a whole new thing! (while you guys were doing the #wrx25nz thing

I'll never go back as just a 'spectator' again, it was just that special

(experience not guaranteed but that actually happened while I was there for me and one other Volunteer who was helping setup)

Have to agree, volunteered in 2015 and it was great. got to drive up the hill climb, around the property, see the whole collection. you will be tired afterwards though!

2 people like this

On 11/5/2018 at 5:29 PM, Joker said:

Volunteer spots just opened up on their website!

I HIGHLY recommend this experience

yep Leadfoot is choice but when your working with Rod setting up or doing things & then get invited back to a Private BBQ after in his Mineshaft...

that's a whole new thing! (while you guys were doing the #wrx25nz thing

I'll never go back as just a 'spectator' again, it was just that special

Screw it. I'll volunteer. Probably still be doing Agricultural stuff that time, but can take time off to volunteer for this. Gives me an excuse to go.

OK if I mention your name as who recommended me @Joker? PM me your irl name if you're ok with it.

If I don't get selected as a volunteer, happy to buy a ticket, and help with cost towards a bach!

Edited by Individualities
1 person likes this

yeah can if you like & I dont hide :P

Jared Mulinder '2017'

I helped Andy (a returning regular volunteer) setup the week before and the week after with Rod (I spent two weeks there) most people only do one week or even just over the weekend, but whatever position you apply for & get you wont be disappointed!

29 minutes ago, Joker said:

yeah can if you like & I dont hide :P

Jared Mulinder '2017'

I helped Andy (a returning regular volunteer) setup the week before and the week after with Rod (I spent two weeks there) most people only do one week or even just over the weekend, but whatever position you apply for & get you wont be disappointed!

Sweet! Awesome. Will do.

Unfortunately I'll just be doing the weekend, due to unknown work situation at the time. Should still be in seasonal, but hope to have something full time by then. So playing it safe.

1 person likes this

Staying with Dairusire at his bach in Whitianga, not sure whether or not to take the RA-R or the Gravel Express.

I suppose if I bring the RA-R, we can sneakily go and park the 203 and RA-R in front of the subaru tent like I did to them earlier this year, i assume subaru will be going again 

1 hour ago, chulozumo said:

Staying with Dairusire at his bach in Whitianga, not sure whether or not to take the RA-R or the Gravel Express.

I suppose if I bring the RA-R, we can sneakily go and park the 203 and RA-R in front of the subaru tent like I did to them earlier this year, i assume subaru will be going again 

You know I'll be bringing my S401 too lol

1 person likes this