Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Need service manual / wiring diagrams

Andy_Mac

• Admin

Back on track for chucking a piggyback Link in. Up until now i’ve been jumping between a prefacelift 2.0gt manual and a facelift 2.5gt manual, neither are quite right but better than nothing at all to a point. 

So, i’m wondering if someone has a JDM BL/BP facelift service manual or even a NZ new 2.0gt one? 

Only really need it to confirm pin number associations as there is some difference in the one’s i’m currently using. 

13 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Back on track for chucking a piggyback Link in. Up until now i’ve been jumping between a prefacelift 2.0gt manual and a facelift 2.5gt manual, neither are quite right but better than nothing at all to a point. 

So, i’m wondering if someone has a JDM BL/BP facelift service manual or even a NZ new 2.0gt one? 

Only really need it to confirm pin number associations as there is some difference in the one’s i’m currently using. 

I’ve seen a facelift legacy with a piggyback link,Sti inlet manifold and fmic done by a company in Wellington. Haltech do a plug and play computer for the pre facelift legacy.I looked at doing this last year and most of the issues were canbus,the dash information,lack of easy turbo upgrades and weak axles/cv’s.As you know I’ve given up on modifying my facelift nz new jdm legacy for this reason.I’ll keep this car jdm with Sti mufflers,Arc tmic upgrade and a v7 Sti shortblock.

Except for the 89-02 legacy’s,the engines have always been a pain to modify.Years ago I did a motec single turbo conversion to a 94 RS.Thats one car I wish I had never sold.

• Admin

Yea have seen that Welly one. Was tuned by Prestige. Was a bit of a major from the looks of things to pay for someone to guess their way through it from scratch. Super annoying the Haltech one only works for prefacelift, guess it’s down to them only bothering for Supergramps.

No harder than STI’s for turbo upgrades if going to a real sized one. Axles aren’t super weak. Heaps of people putting big power through them. Just can’t continually thrash on them and expect them to last. Shock loading them through S*** gear changes or launches are the only reason they’ll fail. 

• Admin
12 minutes ago, chulozumo said:

Have a chat to Gotasuby/jason/SAS if you haven't already, pretty sure he's done some F***ery like this with a link and a 3L

Had been previously, got some pointers from him and he was gonna double check over my pinout before properly making it. Think it’ll still be easier for me to just pay for him to make it rather than getting it all wrong myself

3 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Yea have seen that Welly one. Was tuned by Prestige. Was a bit of a major from the looks of things to pay for someone to guess their way through it from scratch. Super annoying the Haltech one only works for prefacelift, guess it’s down to them only bothering for Supergramps.

No harder than STI’s for turbo upgrades if going to a real sized one. Axles aren’t super weak. Heaps of people putting big power through them. Just can’t continually thrash on them and expect them to last. Shock loading them through S*** gear changes or launches are the only reason they’ll fail. 

If putting a Sti turbo on a twin scroll legacy was that easy I’d have one sitting in my car now.Luxury of hindsight,I should have brought the US version with the 2.5 single scroll turbo,only I think the 2.5 engine is a dog.Subaru are bringing out a new 2.4 block (FA24 94mm bore x 86 mm stroke 2387 cc chain driven) which should remedy most of the 2.5 failings.

Edited by Dre
FA24 engine specs

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Dre said:

If putting a Sti turbo on a twin scroll legacy was that easy I’d have one sitting in my car now.Luxury of hindsight,I should have brought the US version with the 2.5 single scroll turbo,only I think the 2.5 engine is a dog.Subaru are bringing out a new 2.4 block which should remedy most of the 2.5 failings.

Yea nothing bolt on works but once going rotated there’s no extra hassle over a STI besides swapping out side feed rails. 

Somewhat kicking myself for not doing the same. They’re not such bad engines once the stock pistons are replaced. 

29 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Yea nothing bolt on works but once going rotated there’s no extra hassle over a STI besides swapping out side feed rails. 

Somewhat kicking myself for not doing the same. They’re not such bad engines once the stock pistons are replaced. 

There’s a lot of problems with the 2.5 engines,bad heads,pistons and bore flex.Expensive to remedy with a flawed block,thin bore walls and big diameter pistons.The 2.5 engine was made popular in the US because they have rubbish gas and wanted decent power/torque outputs for bragging and moving there heavier late model cars.

Edited by Dre

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Dre said:

There’s a lot of problems with the 2.5 engines,bad heads,pistons and bore flex.Expensive to remedy with a flawed block,thin bore walls and big diameter pistons.The 2.5 engine was made popular in the US because they have rubbish gas and wanted decent power/torque outputs for bragging and moving the heavier late model cars.

In reality those are issues synonymous with almost all EJ engines regardless of size besides a select few.

Chances are the new 2.4 will share similar issue’s if it’s based on the FA20 the way the 2.5 was based on the EJ20.

They are considerably thicker walled which will help but the considerably longer stroke than the EJ’s means higher piston speeds which will again limit max rpm with the larger bore.  

Then again, Subaru might have actually sorted their S*** out and bless us with a solid stock engine finally

1 hour ago, Andy_Mac said:

In reality those are issues synonymous with almost all EJ engines regardless of size besides a select few.

Chances are the new 2.4 will share similar issue’s if it’s based on the FA20 the way the 2.5 was based on the EJ20.

They are considerably thicker walled which will help but the considerably longer stroke than the EJ’s means higher piston speeds which will again limit max rpm with the larger bore.  

Then again, Subaru might have actually sorted their S*** out and bless us with a solid stock engine finally

Will have to see if Subaru rights all it’s wrongs with block,bore wall strength.Longer stroke says better torque.Smaller piston diameter then 2.5 says lighter piston with less inertia.Hopefully the Subaru R&D guys know what they are doing.

Edited by Dre
FA specs