Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

5x100 to 5X114.3 conversion

Pretty keen on some 5x114.3 wheels for my 04 Forester which has 5x100 hubs.. 

Obvious solution is 5x100-5x114.3 adapters (about $75 each and require a cert technically). 

Is it possible to just change your hubs? I am looking a new wheel bearings anyway so it seemed like it might be an easy option...

Cheers, 

Tim

Yes, you could change your hubs to the Version 9-10 STI 5x114.3 ones, but be aware it is not a cheap exercise unless you can find second hand parts for a good price.

The 5x114.3 front knuckle assembly has a thicker clevis and the hole spacing for the lower shock mounts is different. You either have to use V9-10 front shocks, or have the knuckle machined thinner, and one of the shock mount holes re-drilled to use your existing shocks. Once that's done, just bolt everything on.

You have a couple of options for the rear.... I am not too familiar with the Foresters, but is yours an STI? and if so, does it have the R180 rear diff etc? If you do have an R180 diff, then you should be able to just get a set of V9-10 rear hubs and swap them over with your existing ones. Or, the other option is to use the 5x100 R180 rear hubs, and re-drill them to 5x114.3, and re-fit the studs. They have enough meat in them to be re-drilled, I did this on my old race car and it was fine, BUT, I am guessing your car will have ABS and re-drilling may interfere with the large bolt-on tone rings that I have seen on some of the later rear hubs (my car was a GC8 RA so no ABS etc).

If your car doesn't have an R180 rear end, then you will need to change the rear end to R180 (axles and diff) to make the 5x114 hubs fit your car - just comes down to how much you want to spend, so if that;s out of your budget, the 5x100 to 5x114 adapters would be the far easier/cheaper option (even with a cert).

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Loren said:

He's has an EVO now. Quite a fast one by the look of it. http://nzsuperlap.co.nz/results/2018-results

Maybe driving Scott Kreyl's car???

Correct. Was Scott's car, now my car. Gone to the dark/light side (whichever way you want to look at it lol). Bit of a learning curve, but a good challenge - currently in the process of a big tidy up.

My Subaru is back in the Manawatu now, and the new owner will be competing at various Manfeild Events :) 

• Like 3

• Admin

What Tony said :) The trick is in the front hubs, either replace the whole front end setup with V9 bits if you have some sort of need for new struts, or if you're lucky you may be able to swap the lower clevis on your struts (assuming they're adjusties) for the later model style one.

11 minutes ago, boon said:

What Tony said :) The trick is in the front hubs, either replace the whole front end setup with V9 bits if you have some sort of need for new struts, or if you're lucky you may be able to swap the lower clevis on your struts (assuming they're adjusties) for the later model style one.

Yea certainly sounds like a bigger job than it is on something like a Nissan. 

32 minutes ago, GC8E2DD said:

All bearings FO if caned, but yeah, the bigger ones last longer by all accounts. I think Caspros got his front hubs machined at Macbilt to accept bigger bearings.

What do you reckon kills the bearings on the track.