Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Help me get more Powaaaa

pl0x

• Admin

From what i’ve read in the last couple of days, it's designed as the start boost pressure and the max boost pressure the car runs. Their logic is that it gives a linear progression the whole way through the boost range the car see’s. Guess after that point it is fully on anyway so could be setup as Niran has said too. 

Have you ever measured the pressure in yours @pl0x

Is the intention of the variable solenoid to limit flow as a way of manipulating pressure or does that stay flat throughout and only the flowed volume increase?

Seems a rather niche topic that not many people online seem to discuss...

Ahh I see, looks like it has an injector type set up which I assume is pwm control from the AEM device. Not a bad way to do it, from what I have read the progressive is the best way to do it. That injector thing negates the need for the pro meth solenoid, I thought the kit just had a normal check valve.

I see the kit has the failsafe flow meter? I would be interested to see what the failsafe outputs, I assume its a frequency that the link could also read.

Yea my failsafe is just pressure, basically it should be between 150-190psi once turned on. If its outside of that, the boost table doesn't switch to the higher boost setting.

I use to have my pump as the progressive control, and an on/off solenoid. It had a fairly linear pressure but I wasn't sure of the volume.

Now with the pump on full time and progressive injector from the solenoid it's 180psi ish from the moment the solenoid opens, again I can't be sure of the volume of flow.

The idea is now with the higher pressure it atomizes better, where as before it didn't at lower pump pressure/duty.

• Admin

My understanding is that the injector is just a fancy looking way to package the nozzle and check valve in one. The pump is still the only thing getting any kind of electrical input.

42340444290_9ae7c716f2_b.jpg

Pretty sure the failsafe flowmeter is a separate kit to buy. 

No reason you couldn’t get it for yours. Looks to have an optional 0-5v analog output. Think that's all you'd need for the Link to interpret the flow data?

Pump must be duty or voltage controlled then, to provide the progressive control?

Most of the feedback I've read suggests the aem flow sensor will evently die and that the aquamist sensors are the only flow meters that survive methonal long term.

• Admin

They don’t mention how it’s achieved other than that the pump speed increases.

Think the best bet with this AEM setup is to add an open/closed solenoid as a backup in case of the check valve having issues. But other than that I don’t think i’d bother with flow valves at this time. 

Now we can get back on topic to your Non-meth related issues after this little sidetrack :P

• Like 1

Back on topic. I'm annoyed the power band is so high, yet so restricted. It's like the worst of both worlds o.O

I've ordered a 500x300x100 ITL intercooler and joiners to suit. Once that turns up I'll do another open loop boost test to check the pressure drop across the new core.

I'm not expecting miraculous results from a core alone, and won't go back on the dyno unless there are significant changes to AFR/knock.

I've got a seized bl/bp engine being picked up this week (I may have a full twin scroll conversion for sale if a friend doesn't want it), unsure what condition the heads are in but will pull apart and have a look. If they are ok they'll still need sti cams, porting and some aftermarket springs.

In theory the avcs should be able to bring the power on earlier, plus remove any doubt around my existing cams and dial in. Slight problem with quad avcs is the required outputs will need the current idle control output, so I'd need a different icv or remove it all together (I'd need a phase 2 manifold anyway and I believe the v7-9 have a icv that would suit).

When the current engine comes out, we'll check the dial in and measure the cams to see if we can find any more clues.

• Like 2

New inter cooler in and did some testing on the weekend.

Pressure drop across the core is basically the same as running a straight pipe. It needed roughly 15% less waste gate duty to make the same boost, and afrs were leaner on high boost.

Slight improvement and a step in the right direction.

• Like 3