• Current Donation Goals

Valkyrie

Can anyone check this STI for me

11 posts in this topic

Contact the guys at SAS and see if they can do an inspection. It's probably just round the corner from them 

looks like a v5 1999..

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, pedro said:

looks like a v5 1999..

with a v6 front lip

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, chulozumo said:

Contact the guys at SAS and see if they can do an inspection. It's probably just round the corner from them 

see if anyone can do a check on the paint/body condition before I commit to spend $$ on a mechanical inspection.

Who are SAS anyway?

Edited by Valkyrie

Going by the engine code, looks to be a V6. They had the EJ207, with wasted spark ignition. Unlike the later cars which have coil on plug.

If you're needing advice for which workshop to inspect it, I'll always say an Auto Super Shopee franchise.

Used to work for one ;)

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Individualities said:

Going by the engine code, looks to be a V6. They had the EJ207, with wasted spark ignition. Unlike the later cars which have coil on plug.

This is a V5 WRX STi.

Edited by Loren

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 8:03 PM, Individualities said:

If you're needing advice for which workshop to inspect it, I'll always say an Auto Super Shopee franchise.

Used to work for one ;)

at this stage I just want someone check the body condition. see if any major dent, surface rust etc. as I am in Auckland and not easy to come down. if the condition is good then I will look for workshop to do a mechanical check. Cheers for the advice anyway

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

at this stage I just want someone check the body condition. see if any major dent, surface rust etc. as I am in Auckland and not easy to come down. if the condition is good then I will look for workshop to do a mechanical check. Cheers for the advice anyway

It looks fine from the pics.  No major dents. These things don't rust much and only in certain areas anyway. 

Edited by Loren

as long as u dont use euromarque for the inspection - they do a shittier job than a blind racoon

1 person likes this