• Current Donation Goals

Jono24

NPD 100 Octane Fuel -South Island

13 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I haven't seen this posted up here yet so thought I'd share what a mate showed me. Good news for the south island as a stop gap until we get some ethanol on pump.7638d77726553256338747a2b5e6866b.jpgf1607885bce46f8247b68a3dd7061271.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

4 people like this

Be interested to see what effect, if any, this will have on BP 98 prices....

Dayuuuuuuum. 

Some ones needs to dyno that S*** asap, need some real world results for us north island peasents

1 person likes this

It looks interesting, the brochure says no ethanol content.

All ClubSub meets in SI till you peasants get real fuel :-P

My little Starlet got a tank of sweet sweet 100RON today. The WRX will get some love when it next needs a filling

4 people like this

NPD are opening here in Dunedin soon too, confirmed to have 100RON there as well, so I'll be looking to retune the rally car on it, since that won't be leaving the island any time soon.

Getting a fresh 98 tune this week, so once we have 100 here, I'll do a comparison :)

4 people like this

The B4 is running on this stuff now, seems better than BP98, that might be my imagination though.

Its certainly no worse anyway.

2 people like this

Unless tuned to take advantage of the higher knock resistance, you are running a fuel that is less willing to burn and might have less energy than BP98.

If you have a Jap spec ecu that was tuned to 100 octane... then awesome.

1 person likes this

nice! & here's the 98 South Island thread, might liek to 'cross post' it there too

A friend tried it in his Mazda 6 MPS this weekend, he says he found it to be pointless for his situation, as he runs a meth injection system, that deals with the Knock resistance, so yeah i can't see him rushing to buy more. 

I'm very interested to see what this would change for a car thats knock limited on say 98 but don't want to go to something like e85. 

@SAS @gotasuby Have you boys had any runs with this stuff in it yet?

Yes had a but to do with it as local npd which is 5 mins away has it and cheaper than 98. Definitely more knock resistance. Would highly recommend for anyone with a sgt, bp turbo or rev d legacy 

5 people like this