Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

NPD 100 Octane Fuel -South Island

Jono24

• 1 month later...
  • Subscribed Member

NPD are opening here in Dunedin soon too, confirmed to have 100RON there as well, so I'll be looking to retune the rally car on it, since that won't be leaving the island any time soon.

Getting a fresh 98 tune this week, so once we have 100 here, I'll do a comparison :)

• Like 5

Unless tuned to take advantage of the higher knock resistance, you are running a fuel that is less willing to burn and might have less energy than BP98.

If you have a Jap spec ecu that was tuned to 100 octane... then awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Subscribed Member

A friend tried it in his Mazda 6 MPS this weekend, he says he found it to be pointless for his situation, as he runs a meth injection system, that deals with the Knock resistance, so yeah i can't see him rushing to buy more. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • Admin
On 5/11/2018 at 6:49 PM, gotasuby said:

Yes had a but to do with it as local npd which is 5 mins away has it and cheaper than 98. Definitely more knock resistance. Would highly recommend for anyone with a sgt, bp turbo or rev d legacy 

So a follow up to this, have you guys been able to discern any difference between using a 98 mix ethanol and 100 octane with ethanol? opinion?

Also, what are the prices like down there (actual figure if you've got one)

Not sure about Ethanol differences but I know that the BE5/BH5 Engines love it when I bought my BE5 Twin turbo a while back it had been running on 95 and as expected it sounded like there were marbles in the engine lol

Once I switched to NPD100 it immediately stopped pinging and even felt more responsive

Also here in Nelson its actually cheaper than BP98  by about 20 cents so its a no brainer for me not to use it here

• Like 3

There was an post on their FB page and I private messaged them to confirm. they said they have secured one site which is in Petone wellington and are currently searching for others. 

There was tonnes of people commenting asking for e85 so really hoping it comes down to one of their stations. 

I have been running my 3.0 Outback for the last week.

I try to usually run 98, but most times its a blend of 98 and 95 depending where I am when I need to refuel. 

This week I have driven just over 500kms mostly around town and at a couple of times on a short trip down the motorway and a few 80km roads.

With the NPD 100+  the car is running about .5km/l better fuel consumption, could be better if more highway/motorway driving was done.

The engine definitely runs smoother and has picked up some pep at lower revs, also it runs about 1 notch cooler on the temp gauge.

• Like 1