Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Factory Sensors and OEM ECU tuning

Niran

Hi guys. Wanting to find out a bit more about what sensors our factory STIs come with off the bat. In particular for the new 2011 GVB models.

Do they come with:

Oil temperature

Oil pressure

Fuel pressure 

From the googling I've been doing, there appears to be an oil pressure sensor under the alternator? If so, surely its wired into the ECU right? Otherwise what is its purpose?

The end goal here is to be able to tune fail safes into the factory ECU without messing around with aftermarket gauges and control units etc. 

Even if I can just get a fail safe for oil pressure into the factory ECU I'll be a happy man. 

Anyone got any ideas? @Pappu1 @gotasuby

You'd still need the ecu code to use the sensors so may need to swap Ecu and other bits.

did you get the service manuals @Andy_Mac posted and check pin out?

Most cars have "oil pressure sensor" its what triggers the dash light so more switch than sensor.

euctek should be able to tell you if the code is there in the newer ecus.

Ive wired things to the auto trains ecu pins on other cars but with newer can bus you likely need a signal not switching to ground.

could wire the sensor low output to open circuit another key sensor to trigger limp mode. Or get really crazy and wire it to the start button to kill the engine.

hey man,

Oil temperature - nope

Oil pressure - is more like a switch action for warning light

Fuel pressure - nope

its possible to use the oil pressure switch perhaps as a failsafe and have some logic on it

but there are ways you can get a fail safe triggered in the stock ecu but will need to put aftermarket fuel pressure and oil temp sensor

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Niran said:

How would you go about doing this bro? Seems like the best option

little bit of rewiring a few sensors in and then setting some custom table limits in the ecu

hmm..it may already be in the ecutek actually (i dont have ecutek so cant confirm but ask pbms and they can tell if its there) - ask and update ok bro

(ur getting ecutek done ya?)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Niran said:

Hi guys. Wanting to find out a bit more about what sensors our factory STIs come with off the bat. In particular for the new 2011 GVB models.

Do they come with:

Oil temperature

Oil pressure

Fuel pressure 

From the googling I've been doing, there appears to be an oil pressure sensor under the alternator? If so, surely its wired into the ECU right? Otherwise what is its purpose?

The end goal here is to be able to tune fail safes into the factory ECU without messing around with aftermarket gauges and control units etc. 

Even if I can just get a fail safe for oil pressure into the factory ECU I'll be a happy man. 

Anyone got any ideas? @Pappu1 @gotasuby

Check out ”Ecutek ecu connect” due this month.

• Like 1