Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Revision D legacy. Reflash required.

Boxer4turbro

Hey fellas,

I'm keen to catch up with someone about flashing my ecu. I've just had a new engine put in and it needs to be tuned. The car runs an aftermarket straight through pipe to aftermarket down pipes to the turbos. It has a 500hp fuel pump aswell. These are the only major modifications other than an hks filter.

The car seems to lightly rattle and ping when trying to WOT so I'm going to go very easy until I can get a reliable good tune.

Also I only ever use 98 octane.

Keen for some contact.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Id say the ECU would have been reset while the engine was replaced as the battery is basically the first thing that comes out when you are pulling an engine. In fact the ECU reset may even cause more pinging than if it was not reset because its having to relearn what it already knew, the JDM TTs ping really bad so reseting it is just telling it to start off at what it would have been set to in Japan which is 100 octane. After a while its going to start pulling timing until it cant pull any more 

Tune is the way to go! I'm unsure on your location, think you are in AKL yea? There are a couple guys on here that will road tune it for you. But best to get a good dyno tune if you want to get it dialed in nicely 

Before a tune make sure you run a can of Subaru upper engine cleaner through it and replace all the spark plugs 

• Like 2

• Admin
26 minutes ago, A_J_T said:

Id say the ECU would have been reset while the engine was replaced as the battery is basically the first thing that comes out when you are pulling an engine. In fact the ECU reset may even cause more pinging than if it was not reset because its having to relearn what it already knew, the JDM TTs ping really bad so reseting it is just telling it to start off at what it would have been set to in Japan which is 100 octane. After a while its going to start pulling timing until it cant pull any more

Of course, silly me haha. Never pulled a motor, so didn't even think about that.

• Like 1

If its really bad and you need to drive it as its a daily i'm happy to either drop the boost on your current map or flash one on from [mention=15121]Marky[/mention] until you can get it to a professional 
And naturally hold no responsibility for anything that goes wrong in the future 
Hey I'm keen as beans for that scenario. Better than the stock map it currently has.

I think it massively over compensates from the increased airflow by running rich at the minute, throwing the timing.

How mut munay it cost? Can pay in forms of little brown bottles if preferable.

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Boxer4turbro said:

Hey I'm keen as beans for that scenario. Better than the stock map it currently has.

I think it massively over compensates from the increased airflow by running rich at the minute, throwing the timing.

How mut munay it cost? Can pay in forms of little brown bottles if preferable.

Thanks.

Are you running an aftermarket intake with a different possibly larger MAF housing? if so that will be fooling it into running lean and largely contribute to pre-det/pinging 

I dont expect any payment, i'm no professional and would simply be flashing on a tune that someone else has shared with us all to enjoy. I'd probably dial back the boost a little to depending on how those cat-less downpipes are behaving and if the MAF needs scaling we could look at that but this will be more about creating a safe drivable tune so you can keep the thing alive until getting it pro tuned ;) @Pappu1 might be available to take a look for you

PM me your mobile number and we can have a chat 

• Like 1