Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Suggestions on more mods? Needs more power.

Hey guys.  anyone have any suggestions on more mods etc to make some more power from my v2 wrx wag?. Currently its running a freshly rebuilt closed deck block and v2 heads with permaseal mlsr headgaskets n new seals n gaksets everywhere.. Has a Td05h turbo, blitz bov, full 3" turbo back exhaust,  u8 ecu and k&n air filter, also has a turbosmart boost controller set on 13psi. Just wana makes some more power.. anyone got any suggestions? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dillon.96.gf8. said:

Hey guys.  anyone have any suggestions on more mods etc to make some more power from my v2 wrx wag?. Currently its running a freshly rebuilt closed deck block and v2 heads with permaseal mlsr headgaskets n new seals n gaksets everywhere.. Has a Td05h turbo, blitz bov, full 3" turbo back exhaust,  u8 ecu and k&n air filter, also has a turbosmart boost controller set on 13psi. Just wana makes some more power.. anyone got any suggestions? 

Get a tuneable ecu and tune it.

• Like 4

Kinda hoping a few of u guys may know of a few things I might of missed before I get an ecu.. next things on the list are oil cooler .. front mount intercooler and walbro fuel pump and phase 1 440cc injectors, better flowing exhaust manifold and then an ecu and tune but I feel like im missing something still.

3 hours ago, thewabbit1 said:

I'm no guru on these matters, but talk to whoever built the engine? assuming that it was a performance shop, they should know all the right things to do and be able to do them correctly

Myself and a friend whose a mechanic n builds / tunes performance engines for a living done the work in my shed. Hes suggested a few things most of which iv done or have on the  t do list already but was wondering if anyone knew of any factory ecus better than the u8 that'll work without a rewire etc or any other suby goodies I haven't thought of that work with a v2 wrx

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 10/22/2018 at 10:57 AM, Dre said:

Yellow injectors,link ecu,maybe a new fuel pump and fuel filter depending on the condition of yours and a tune.

I think Yellow injectors are only phase 2? As it's a V2 WRX, they wouldn't fit. Could be entirely wrong about yellows only being Phase 2. Wouldn't be the first time. 

Honestly, your biggest and best bang for buck modification on an early generation WRX etc, is 100% the ECU and tune. You're not really going to get a noticeable bump in power by the other small mods, without introducing a lot of risk to the motor due to trying sketchy stuff to get more power. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, blitzd808 said:

Version 5/6 rails should bolt to v1/2 manifolds as far as i understand and that way you can run phase 2 yellows (provided tune to suit i guess)

Yellow side feeds will fit v1/2 manifolds.v1-4 fuel rails will not swap with v5/6.

• Admin
Yellow side feeds came with v3-6 wrx sti/ra and legacy 97-03 tt.
The legacy part isn't quite right. They were yellow side feeds until 2001ish. When the rev D came out, it went to the same injectors as the sti. Pink top feeds.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

On 11/16/2018 at 1:24 PM, Dairusire said:

The legacy part isn't quite right. They were yellow side feeds until 2001ish. When the rev D came out, it went to the same injectors as the sti. Pink top feeds.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Good to know,I thought the pink top feeds first came out on the wrx V7 sti.I’m basing what I know on cars I’ve owned.I thought 2002 was the last of the Legacy tt.

Subarus I’ve owned,

WRX v2 jdm,v2 ra,v2 sti,v3 jdm,v3 sti,v3 sti 555,v4 sti,v5 sti

Legacy 94 tt rs (single turbo conversion),98 tt rsb,98 bh tsr,02 bh gtb auto (all with sun roof)

Current,Legacy 07 bl b4 6mt,07 Outback 3.0 auto,Impreza 1.8 auto

Edited by Dre
  • Like 1