Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

International Part Shops

preim

• Auckland Member

Hi everyone!

I wanted to start this discussion as it seems like there are a few people out there that perhaps aren't getting the most out of buying parts.

By all means buying parts from local suppliers is the way to go to for major components in the event of something going wrong and you need a warranty honored. You are also covered by consumer protections and get to support the local industry. Without them when S*** hits the fan and you need a part that day you are relying on them to be in business and wanting to hold stock!

However, for small bits and pieces, like genuine gaskets or fasteners or seals, etc, things you simply cannot get here on short notice anyway there are a few options out there that I know myself and others use. I also know there are some services I haven't tried as well so I will start by giving a bit of a review of where I go to get things and hopefully you guys can post about your experiences too!

#1 Partsouq.com

Huge selection, fast shipping, genuine parts.

I have used this multiple times and know others that have and haven't been let down. Awesome website even if you just need to find a part number.

#2 jp-carparts.com

Huge selection, fast shipping, genuine parts.

These people are genuinely helpful, they will find parts for you that aren't even on the website. I have had multiple orders and never been disappointed. I have even got some parts for my Suzuki alto works which is a bit of a nugget and tricky to find new parts for.

The website isn't as good as partsouq in my opinion for finding the part numbers - you kind of have to know what youre looking for. So I use partsouq to find the part number and then go here for another price and see which deal works out better.

Both partsouq and jp-carparts have both used DHL for all shipments to me and have all been 3-4 days. Partsouq ships from the UAE and jp-carparts from Japan. It usually takes up to 3 days to process an order so I expect parts in 1 - 1.5 weeks.

#3 amayama.com  from @IZichard

Similar to partsouq but has has an even larger selection of parts. So if you find something you really need on partsouq but they don't have it available paste the partnumber into amayama and they will almost always have it. It is a bit more expensive than partsouq so I tend to only use it as a backup for partsouq. It is usually still cheaper than Subaru NZ for odd ball stuff.

#4 rockauto.com from @pedro

Large range

Be aware that US models are different in some ways so pays to cross reference..

Rockauto prices are very low but freight from US is expensive so shop carefully..

#4 Buyee.jp (freight forwarder for Yahoo Japan auctions and Rakuten)

I have made quite a few orders through here. Be careful of shipping costs - read all the info!

You pay for the item, it gets delivered to their warehouse, then you pay for shipping to NZ. You do not get a guaranteed shipping price until it arrives to them.

You have 30 days on each order once it arrives at their warehouse to pay for shipping. If you buy multiple items you can wait for them all to arrive within this 30 days and consolidate them into one package to be sent. You have to judge if this will be worth it, i think there is a small fee.

Some very cool stuff on here. If its small and light i use buyee.jp, if it is a larger item I ask @mlracing.co.nz how much to get it here. (Sorry Alex, sometimes I get excited and I can be flakey as!)

Alex at moonlight imported made to order rear struts for the s203 from sti japan for me and i got them here for half the cost of what winger was offering. Food for thought...

#5 Amazon.com

Because why not? I have ordered some things like bulbs from here before that made sense to save a few dollars and get the selection I wanted. Decent shipping times.

I have heard of some success stories from rhdjapan.com but have not used these personally so cannot endorse as of yet..

When S*** hits the fan nothing beats going to repco/supercheap/bnt/whoever and getting what you need that day but if you have time to prepare for your servicing and upgrades - shop around and compare to local options, might save a few bucks or get what you wanted.

Yahoo auctions has cool collectable stuff like original sti brochures - this is a scan of a brochure i bought to keep with the s203. Also got one for the alto and one for a friend with a ver3 sti. Surprisingly really cheap memorabilia!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x81az0ejteku0my/Subaru STi s203_reduced.pdf?dl=0

IqbrDKS.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

As a side note and a PSA - Something I have seen a lot of stuff popping up on trade me being sold as genuine parts when they look like they are from aliexpress. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Classic example is sti rad caps and steering wheels. People buy these from aliexpress and sell for 100% margin or more to put your safety and your cars safety at risk. This is how people get hurt, I cant even imagine who would do this with any brake, steering, or safety components. I don't know for sure but obviously very suspect.

• Like 6

• Admin

Awesome writeup. 

The two gripes I have with partsouq are that shipping can quite often balloon out for seemingly no real reason.

Such as adding one or two extra clips can often add an extra 10-20 dollars to the shipping cost. Just use caution with that and have a play around with numbers of each item you want.

The big problem I have is the site isn't always up to date regarding availability so you will often get a notice when the items ship that some aren't coming. Which is especially annoying when that part not coming is the one you really want and the rest are just ordered to make the order worthwhile.

Have been stung a few times but it's still considerably cheaper than sourcing locally so can't complain too much.

Only addition i’d make is also hitting up @D1Style for suspension/brake parts. From memory he’s at a business that is a subsidiary of BNT? Could be wrong on that though...

Don't hassle him for discounts on individual nuts and bolts obviously, but he can get good prices if buying a few larger ticket items such as rotors/pads and whatnot. Obviously he isn't international but has fair pricing that makes buying local more viable.

• Like 6

• Auckland Member

Agreed!

jp-carparts has far more competitive pricing for shipping a batch of small bits than partsouq in my experience. You actually get a response from a person who puts a quote together rather than just a website.

• Like 2

Nice write up!

I'd also add amayama.com to that. Similar to partsouq but has has an even larger selection of parts. So if you find something you really need on partsouq but they don't have it available paste the partnumber into amayama and they will almost always have it. It is a bit more expensive than partsouq so I tend to only use it as a backup for partsouq. It is usually still cheaper than Subaru NZ for odd ball stuff.

• Like 2

• Auckland Member
53 minutes ago, IZichard said:

Nice write up!

I'd also add amayama.com to that. Similar to partsouq but has has an even larger selection of parts. So if you find something you really need on partsouq but they don't have it available paste the partnumber into amayama and they will almost always have it. It is a bit more expensive than partsouq so I tend to only use it as a backup for partsouq. It is usually still cheaper than Subaru NZ for odd ball stuff.

Nice one! Will add it to the list

Also pretty keen for people to post any cool stuff they find. Heaps of hidden gems and nuggets on the yahoo auctions

• Like 2

Another supplier is Rockauto.com usa..Probably the largest range for all makes and models.

Rockauto prices are very low but freight from US is expensive so shop carefully..

• Auckland Member
8 hours ago, pedro said:

Another supplier is Rockauto.com usa..Probably the largest range for all makes and models.

Have you personally received stuff from there?