• Current Donation Goals

SIRREX

Lolgtr runs 10’s at meremere test n tune.

23 posts in this topic

Ok fill in a blank for me here, seems not that rapid for a built motor and Gt3582? Kent from Speedsource went 10.9 with the stock turbo in a GDB?

Edit: ok it seems Subarus need heaps of beans to go down the strip in a fast time, good stuff. Speedsource must have been doing some magic sh!t...

2 people like this

What Kent did around ten years ago was pretty cool, 10sec 1/4 with a stockish turbo and plenty of nos is no easy feat. It’s also not everyday a Subaru runs a 10sec quarter or even an 11 with the amount of supposed 300+kw Subaru’s out there these days. There would be less than ten Subaru’s in nz to have gone 10sec or faster. We are pretty proud of what the car has achieved so far and look forward to going quicker. 

Cheers Matt. 

6 people like this

1 hour ago, SIRREX said:

It’s also not everyday a Subaru runs a 10sec quarter or even an 11 with the amount of supposed 300+kw Subaru’s out there these days. 

Probably coz we don't care about drag racing :P

Good on ya though.

What front and center diffs are you running? How much power?

Mates 400kw GD has been running fairly contestant 11.6's but traction is letting him down 1st/2nd (average tires admittedly)

1 person likes this

Bloody awesome @SIRREX !

I managed 12.6 @250kw in the heavy GVB sedan complete with Sub lol

Hoping to get low 11s with the new 350kw setup. 

Didn’t @Pappu1 run an 11 in a reflashed V7? Or I may be wrong. 10sec is awesome though dude that’s a big achievement! Anything 11 sec bracket and under is a bloody quick car !! 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Niran said:

Bloody awesome @SIRREX !

I managed 12.6 @250kw in the heavy GVB sedan complete with Sub lol

Hoping to get low 11s with the new 350kw setup. 

You making it down on Friday?

1 person likes this

@A_J_T car is not ready yet :( 

Still waiting for the process west surge tank kit to arrive aye. So guttered 

2 hours ago, Niran said:

@A_J_T car is not ready yet :( 

Still waiting for the process west surge tank kit to arrive aye. So guttered 

Rough 

22 hours ago, Inked said:

Didn’t @Pappu1 run an 11 in a reflashed V7? Or I may be wrong. 10sec is awesome though dude that’s a big achievement! Anything 11 sec bracket and under is a bloody quick car !! 

that was a while ago. stock vf30 and top mount with exhaust and aggressive reflash..

LOLGTR had a 10 comming from all the hard work put into it and great to see Matt planning to push it more

Go the suby!!!!!

well done boys

2 people like this

@pl0xIts currently running a bl bp 6 speed with v7 sti front lsd, stock centre diff and grb r180 rear diff. We run hoosier drag radials and just need more time to dial in the car to drop the 60fts. @Niran You should see 11's with ease, we were previously running 11.4 with a 7670 till the turbine wheel decided to give up.

2 people like this

Ohhhh right not so exciting hearing about the 7670 turbine wheel failing through lol. How did that happen?  @SIRREX

Edited by Niran
1 person likes this

@Niran Too much turbine speed is my guess. We were running about 30psi and had full boost 3800rpm in 4th gear. Must've spun up too fast and let go.

Edited by itsmitchlowe
4 people like this

19 hours ago, Niran said:

@itsmitchlowe guessing no speed sensor? Thinking it might be wise for me to get one then

I reckon you might be overthinking things just a little ;)

@Niran you should be fine. We were pushing the turbo further than we should have been, doesn’t look like you guys are running near as much boost.

@Niran yeah but tapering off pretty hard wasn't it? I doubt you'll have any issues with it tapering off to 22psi.

1 person likes this

Yeah good point. @itsmitchlowe

With the new fuel setup im hoping to push a little more boost top end. But it will probably be 26-28psi i'm thinking max