Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dyno run

5 minutes ago, A_J_T said:

Update: 

Been in touch with PBMS.. further details to come. Currently looking at something early next year as most people are super busy with business this time "Including myself". When I have more info on prices etc I'll start a dedicated thread with a poll to opt in and what not. 

Cheers

Hopefully when the weather gets colder.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

No really. There shouldn't be prices bud.

Back at MegaMeet 2017 when PBMS didn't turn up as a sponsor, they said they'd throw us a free dyno day for ClubSub Members as a thank you.

Seriously! I think there's even a post somewhere about it on the forums.

Yea I get that, and possibly one day two years ago they did promise something.. and if that is something they want to honour then awesome.. and I will mention it to them.. But I also get that running a performance based business in NZ is not the easiest job.. and that most of us here can spare $80 to have a go on a dyno. It will cost y'all more than that just to fill your car with 98 on your way to the Dyno.. 

I'm also reaching out to other shops to get competitive pricing.. you would hope PBMS as our sponsor can do something special for us. 

1 hour ago, Dre said:

Hopefully when the weather gets colder.

Nah, do it in the heat of summer.. if the car holds together and makes good power it only gets better in winter. 

• Like 7

I agree with A J.

Free is a bit rough.
(Even though it was communicated at some point)

Although I wasn't involved at the mega met I understand how small business' market their "product". In this case it seems like they might have expected a lot of increased customer base from the affiliation. (I'd pick they wouldn't make that offer moving forward). Striking discounted group rates sounds like the best give and take approach. It can only get better as word of mouth increases for them.

2cents.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• General Member

Might be worth noting a change in user on the @PBMS account from Julius to Pat so I might also suggest the 'offer' went with him

and would have expired sadly though it would be nice to maintain the realtionship!

see some of you at FlatNATS this weekend / Subday!

• Like 5

Just keeping you lot in the loop, PBMS have given me the below offer. Just waiting to hear back from some other shops on pricing etc. 

We’ll throw a BBQ for you and will give each competitor some free merchandise.

Unmonitored power runs for $89 per car
Monitored power runs (AFR and knock) for $129 per car

• Like 4

Good on ya mate. I'll get a google sheet up for those that are keen to throw their details in. Just finalising things before we get to that point. 

Also @ADIKT I know you were largely involved with making the last one of these happen. Do we have ClubSUBs approval and support behind this etc, anyhting the Club can do on the day to make it more of a happening thing 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dairusire said:

As far as calling it a ClubSUB event, it's obviously a no brainer :)

I can bring the banner stickers, small stickers etc. 

So your committee is all behind it ^_^ 

Also, I'm in. If i've got the RA running by then, I'll tow the RA using the legacy :P

Cheers mate, sounds good... also if the RA makes it that will be a nice touch. lots on here have heard about the mythical being 

15 minutes ago, Individualities said:

Unfortunately I'm only gonna have to register myself as interested now; and if I do make it down, it'll be last minute.

Stuff going on in the family (health) that needs all the spare time I can muster at the moment.

Currently looking at making it happen next year late Jan early to mid Feb so hopefully that works for you 

Edited by A_J_T

43 minutes ago, A_J_T said:

Currently looking at making it happen next year late Jan early to mid Feb so hopefully that works for you 

Still highly unlikely then (cancer is a F*****G ass hole). If I do make a race down (literally), I'll just be there for the food and hangs. Not fussed about getting my car on the dyno. Already know roughly what it puts down from the post I made in Dyno Leaderboard.

2 hours ago, Individualities said:

Still highly unlikely then (cancer is a F*****G ass hole). If I do make a race down (literally), I'll just be there for the food and hangs. Not fussed about getting my car on the dyno. Already know roughly what it puts down from the post I made in Dyno Leaderboard.

Sorry to hear that mate. Our family has been on that same journey like many and I found that although its a S*** situation it brought everyone closer. Hoping for the best outcome for you and your Family. Regardless of If you make it or not I look forward to meeting you 

• Like 3