• Current Donation Goals

Technikhaus

Stock boost for JDM GRB STI

10 posts in this topic

Hey all,

We just recently picked up a 2011 JDM GRB STI, see below.

Does anybody know what boost they should run from stock, and what boost level per SI drive mode?

I noticed on Intelligent mode, it boosts to 0.25 bar, and on S# it boost to 1.5Bar, is this stock for one of these? As I wasn't expecting quite so high boost!

Cheers :)

qSQDCUu.jpg

1.5bar is a bit high - no mods at all?

might be just a spike?

no leaks on the vac lines?

1 minute ago, Pappu1 said:

1.5bar is a bit high - no mods at all?

might be just a spike?

no leaks on the vac lines?

It's got the Tomei sticker on the back, and a factory exhaust, but a very clean one, so I have a feeling it may have had an exhaust etc done back in Japan.

the only "mod" so to day is the Blitz boost gauge, and that's it that I can see, engine bay looks 100% stock. 

Doesn't appear to be a spike, in 3rd gear+ once you're on it, it stays a very stable 1.5Bar. 

No apparent leaks etc.

It's booked on the dyno on Friday to have it looked at, as we're more curious than anything, and just want to make sure it's not going to run lean or anything.

0.25 in intelligent is too low for stock too. The DBW requested torque table for Intelligent must be wiped to almost nothing. To not see it peak past that.

47 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

It's booked on the dyno on Friday to have it looked at, as we're more curious than anything, and just want to make sure it's not going to run lean or anything.

Keen to see these results 

1 person likes this

Stock turbo is about the same on mine but the "i" isn't close to that low. Makes 0.5 bar easy. 

When I got it it wouldn't boost at all in "i" as it had a crappy rom loaded.

they drop off to 15 psi up top but the gauges don't seem to drop off as fast as the true readings.

So here we go, It's definitely stock, and peaking at 22 or so. Dropping down to 12PSI in the top end, oh and Faaaar from running lean xD

We're thinking we'll throw the new exhaust on when it turns up this wee (Invidia R400), maybe throw a new air filter at it, and then give it a quick tune. Thoughts?

SHvav3v.jpg

4 people like this