• Announcements

    • 1randomkiwi

      ClubSub Forum Updates   13/03/19

      Important forum upgrades are coming up which may mean the www.ClubSUB.org.nz forums will be temporarily unavailable.   Check out our Official Facebook Page for more updates.   www.facebook.com/ClubSubNZ
  • Current Donation Goals

A_J_T

ClubSUB Dyno Day @ Possum Bourne MotorSport - 9/02/2019

117 posts in this topic

Well, I might have to be that guy and take my name of the list as well... Im 100% not sure the car is actually going to be running. Going to check on it today and get a better idea. If we get it finished and started that i can road tune it beforehand ill still come down, but as it stands, the engines in the car but need the downpipe modified, and I still need to modify the tune from the old engine for the differences in CAS/trigger wheels/injectors etc.

 

So im still hopeful, but now cant confirm. Typically if i had another week there would be no issue s >_<

 

Sorry guys,

Edited by AdamOst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, AdamOst said:

Well, I might have to be that guy and take my name of the list as well... Im 100% not sure the car is actually going to be running. Going to check on it today and get a better idea. If we get it finished and started that i can road tune it beforehand ill still come down, but as it stands, the engines in the car but need the downpipe modified, and I still need to modify the tune from the old engine for the differences in CAS/trigger wheels/injectors etc.

 

So im still hopeful, but now cant confirm. Typically if i had another week there would be no issue s >_<

 

Sorry guys,

All good mate, dont rush it aye... less haste less waste

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, confirmed im out, car wont be ready for another week :(

 

Was looking forward to this as well as it was exactly what I needed to do of having a quick dyno pull or two to make sure my road tune was all good.

 

 

I mean could always spin up the auto 1.4L auto hyundai, but im not there wil be enough time to wait for that to complete a pull haha.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay... so I may have gone a bit overboard, but I've ordered some camera gear which should hopefully arrive in time for Saturday :D

Need to charge up the camera and clear the SD card.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdamOst said:

Yep, confirmed im out, car wont be ready for another week :(

 

Was looking forward to this as well as it was exactly what I needed to do of having a quick dyno pull or two to make sure my road tune was all good.

 

 

I mean could always spin up the auto 1.4L auto hyundai, but im not there wil be enough time to wait for that to complete a pull haha.

Come on down regardless, join us for some lunch etc. I think there has been enough interest to do another one of these within the year so keep your eyes out for that. 

 

29 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Okay... so I may have gone a bit overboard, but I've ordered some camera gear which should hopefully arrive in time for Saturday :D

Need to charge up the camera and clear the SD card.

Haha legend, looking forward to checking some of this gear out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, A_J_T said:

Come on down regardless, join us for some lunch etc. I think there has been enough interest to do another one of these within the year so keep your eyes out for that. 

 

Haha legend, looking forward to checking some of this gear out 

New tripod, basic handheld camera rig, external microphone, and a smartphone mount for tripods etc (for those quality FB livestreams yo :P)

 

To all attendees, would be good to have some nice clean cars all parked up nicely for some "hardpark" shots. And everyone knows that a clean car looks good rolling on the dyno.


I'll try grab a couple of photos and/or video of each car on the dyno. If you have any specific requests then feel free to ask me when we're there. Bear in mind that I'm no professional but I'll try my best haha.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



New tripod, basic handheld camera rig, external microphone, and a smartphone mount for tripods etc (for those quality FB livestreams yo )
 
To all attendees, would be good to have some nice clean cars all parked up nicely for some "hardpark" shots. And everyone knows that a clean car looks good rolling on the dyno.


I'm driving up from Rotorua so cant guarantee itll be clean but I'll wipe the cobwebs off however I can guarantee a burning oil smell as the rocker covers have given up

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'll bring a bottle of quick detailer ;)
Which reminds me... I need to wash my car :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I was wondering if my S401 could go on the dyno first? 

I will be there early just to make sure as well. 

I have a 2 year olds birthday at lunchtime that I would like to go to as well? 

I would like photos and a recording of my dyno run if possible.

I am bringing my basic camera and a tripod as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Hi I was wondering if my S401 could go on the dyno first? 

 

Interested to see what these put down stock (as I own one).

 

Sadly can't make it - hopping off to Aussie for 2 weeks with Dad. He wants to have a break from NZ for a bit, after all that's happened for our family recently.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I am curious what a stock S401 will do - probably 160kw.

 

I am going to record it and post it up on youtube.

I cannot find many video's on the stock S401

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Yes I am curious what a stock S401 will do - probably 160kw.

 

I am going to record it and post it up on youtube.

I cannot find many video's on the stock S401

 

I found this dyno chart of a S401 going on a dyno somehwere in Europe, and then being tuned!

3xYDvgS.png

 

217hp = 161kW (191 lb-ft = 259Nm). So you're pretty much bang on.

 

Hopefully I didn't spoil this for you! :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bobby said:

Hi I was wondering if my S401 could go on the dyno first? 

I will be there early just to make sure as well. 

I have a 2 year olds birthday at lunchtime that I would like to go to as well? 

I would like photos and a recording of my dyno run if possible.

I am bringing my basic camera and a tripod as well. 

Hi Bobby, 

 

That wont be a problem, its first in first served basis, the day is kicking off at 9am but the runs may not start until a little later in the morning. Regardless i'm sure we can get you on the dyno and to your Birthday party before lunch :D

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think I'm going to make it, unfortunately...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RaKid said:

Don't think I'm going to make it, unfortunately...

No stress mate, would love to see you and the your car if you can make it though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A_J_T said:

No stress mate, would love to see you and the your car if you can make it though! 

 

Haha - the car definitely won't be there unless I work through the night and the hand of God helps me but I was hoping to show up anyway for a catch-up

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RaKid said:

 

Haha - the car definitely won't be there unless I work through the night and the hand of God helps me but I was hoping to show up anyway for a catch-up

Maybe just bring down the dump pipe or something :P

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking forward to meeting ya @RaKid

Peer pressure is on

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, A_J_T said:

Maybe just bring down the dump pipe or something :P

 

Haha

 

5 minutes ago, Niran said:

Was looking forward to meeting ya @RaKid

Peer pressure is on

 

 

Same here man - I guess it will have to wait - possibly at Albany meet next week?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha oh man Albany is a tad far from Papakura 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust my luck... CourierPost have lost my parcel with the camera accessories...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Trust my luck... CourierPost have lost my parcel with the camera accessories...

Unless you have an account manager all shipping companies are ****ing hopeless and always at the worst times!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up just going out straight after work and buying a second of most of the stuff I wanted from a local branch.

Will try grab some of the last things tomorrow morning.

Camera looks a bit better now

51596342_1775282925909362_31924603580317

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was wondering when to leave to get there by 9am...good times.

Hopefully the gearbox on the wagon holds out. I'll bring a tow rope just incase.e9f0aa76de8c41bd83c33783089fb8aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Boxer4turbro said:

So I was wondering when to leave to get there by 9am...good times.

Hopefully the gearbox on the wagon holds out. I'll bring a tow rope just incase.

 

I have a tow rope too 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now