1randomkiwi

Subaru NZ Authorised Dealer and Service Centre Review Thread

Thought it is about time we have a review thread for all the " Subaru Authorised Dealers and Authorised Parts and Service Centres"  around New Zealand.

This way people can get an idea of where to go when dealing with recalls etc

A simple format for reviewing each dealer/service centre (just copy and paste and fill in):

Dealer/Service Centre Name: (https://www.subaru.co.nz/buying/locate-a-dealer)
Month/Year:
Category: (New Vehicle Purchase / Used Vehicle Purchase / Service / Parts)

Rating: (Out of 5 with 0 being worst service ever, 5 being best service ever)

Vehicle: Year and Model
Description: A description of dealings with Dealer/Service Centre

---

Related threads: Takata Airbag Recall

• Like 2

I'll start us off :)

Dealer/Service Centre Name: Winger Subaru Greenlane
Month/Year: November 2018
Category: Service - Recall

Rating: 3 out of 5

Vehicle: 2011 Legacy
Description: Car needed recall work for 2 recalls (Takata Airbag recall and Wiper Motor cover). Both recalls were complete in less than a day with the car returned to me clean and assembled well. The only complaint was I asked for the service team to look at the heater/AC mix and mode actuators as I don't get any hot air on the passenger side and I can hear the actuators ticking away. They advised that they couldn't find a problem which I suspect is false and that they just forgot to check whilst the dash was out for the airbag recall. However, they did not charge me for investigating.

• Like 2

Dealer/Service Centre Name: Winger Sublab East Tamaki
Month/Year: December 2018
Category: Recall - Takata Airbag

Vehicle: 2007 Legacy

Rating: 0 out of 5
Description: Booked car in for airbag recall work. I rang them about a month prior and quizzed them about did they know how to do it without wrecking the dashpad, or damaging anything else. Was told yes they know how to do it without damaging anything, they have done hundreds of them, no worries. Cleaned the dash and interior of the car the day before, so there was no excuses or holdups. Dropped the car off at 8 in the morning, and asked them when they put the dash back in, please leave the central air-vent panel ( the one with the cubby and clock ( facelift car ) out ). No problem. Get a phone call just after midday, car is ready and we've left the radio / ac control panel out as requested. Um no. Had to put them right on that and they said ok we'll refit the radio. I walked down there a couple of hours later and picked up the car. 

Looks like the dirty pricks had done a suspension job right before they did my car, and didn't wash their hands in between! So the A pillar trim on both sides is covered in dirty greasy hand prints all up and down both sides, as well as a bit onto the head lining. The left A pillar trim isn't clipped in properly. They've managed to put a gouge in the steering wheel ( factory Momo ) in the middle at the top, right where it's staring you right in the face all the time, and, God only knows how, scratched the inside of the windscreen just below the rear view mirror. There are big scratches on the top of the steering column cover ( piece between the steering wheel and the dash ), and the ring around the gear lever ( facelift car ) was not refitted properly and is sitting up proud at the front half. After they've put the dash back in, they haven't bothered to give it and the inside of the windscreen a cursory wipe over to leave it in a state even close to how I gave it to them ( it was spotless ), just chuck it back together as quick as possible and off to wreck the next poor sucker's car.

Got to work the next day and opened the door to get out, and the trim panel on the end of the dash fell out, another piece not refitted properly. So I put that back in properly when I got home, and also had to properly refit the lower footwell panel and the plastic trim piece the goes from the lower footwell panel to along the carpet edge on the sill. Spent 1 1/2 hours in the garage cleaning up the interior after this airbag abortion job. Managed to get the scratch / scuff off the inside of the windscreen using coarse glass polish, then did it with fine, then cleaner and finally sealer. Gave the dash a thorough cleaning, tried to get the gear lever trim ring to sit down but no luck, so I'll have to have another go when I've got more time. Only way to fix the column cover is to get a new one. Same for the steering wheel that's got a big nick in it and torn the leather surface. Got to find some kind of decent ulpholstery cleaner now to clean the A pillar trims, I just hope they aren't grease-stained.

The other thing is, considering that they screwed up just about everything they touched on my car, have they even fitted the new airbag correctly? Or is that loose or mis-aligned like everything else they touched? Will it work as designed in an accident, or either not work at all or explode and take my head off? I mean, if they can't put some plastic trims back in correctly, how are they going to be able to install an airbag correctly?? Think I might be pulling the dash out myself to give everything a once over.

So to sum it up, really REALLY f***ing pissed right off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no way I will every go back to Sublab East Tamaki for anything every again. My car was even purchased brand new from Winger Subaru, and had it's pre purchase once over done at SubLab East Tamaki ( I know 'cos it's stamped in the service book ). If this is how they treat "their own" cars, how do they treat cars that weren't bought from them?? 

I emailed Subaru NZ, and 4 business days later have had no reply whatsoever, so that pretty much sums it up for me. They just don't give a s***, and neither do their authorised dealers. Very, very disappointing. Probably my first and last Subaru based on this experience. No good making a nice car if your service is absolutely appalling.

Edited by BMCracer
Added vehicle line
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BMCracer said:

Dealer/Service Centre Name: Winger Sublab East Tamaki
Month/Year: December 2018
Category: Recall - Takata Airbag

Rating: 0 out of 5

Realised I forgot to add the Vehicle line. What do you drive?

• Like 1