Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

95 v2 GC8 555 model

yThe 555 saloon was restricted to 500 cars..

The limited edition 555 cars were in reality the same as the run of the mill v2 models with the exception of the paint colours and a number of minor details..

Apart from the sports blue paint,the 555 were given rally style mudflaps and a roof vent that was a purely cosmetic addition..

Could be a nice thing to have depending on condition and originality..

Pretty sure they didnt have a limited edition number on the car except for a built by STI badge by the radiator..

• Like 2

Yea it has the mud flaps an roof vent an the color code 53c (sports blue) paint looks mint az an everything is original apart from wheels an rear spoiler has high kms of 215 thousand motor an box are all original. Wots everyone opinion on it being a collectable or something i should be purchasing? Am after something like a ra model or v-limited etc wea there are selected amount of numbers made thnx

13 hours ago, Davidkruepoppy said:

Want to purchase something rare while i have the coin an something i can hold onto for a while. Anyone have a idea of what they think it shud b selling for?

Hey im asking if it would be, for myself a good investment as im after a collectable wrx sti. The car itself is probly 90% original motor an running gear all original it has 215 thousand kms on the clock. It had normal wear an tear in the interior.They are after 8.5k for it which i thort was cheap just asking what use think?? Is there anyway of uploading a photo on hea?

• Admin

No, not that collectible. Especially with that many K's. At the end of the day they're a relatively common car, and not terribly noteworthy.

$8.5k is a SHITLOAD to pay for a mid-90s WRX with >200 thou on it that is no longer collectible because it's been modified anyway. You would need your head read if you bought it.

You basically have to upload it elsewhere, and link to it as we don't have media hosting.

A few years ago people would have baulked at that price, but things are on the up. You would need to get it back to ostensibly 100% original to qualify it as a collector's car on the world market. Provenance is also important to collectors so you would want as much history as possible.

It will be a collectible car, but generally we tend to think of RA and Type R cars as the most desirable cars (from the discussion on here over the years). Would be interesting to see what they are going for in Japan where you will find the most avid collectors.

• Admin
48 minutes ago, Davidkruepoppy said:

So a ra or type r are more collectable or a ra limited but has to be 100 % factory to be classed as a collectable??im just after a sti that wount lose value an will go up over time..

A 22b maybe, or one of the S20-series cars. Nothing else is going to increase in value unless it's under 10000kms and in showroom original condition, in which case it will have some value due to shear rarity. Anyone that tells you that a three-quarters-flogged-out modified 555 edition is going up in value is either a dreamer, trying to sell you one, or both.

• Admin

You're telling me a 1995 STI is worth twice today what it was in 2004, when it was 9 years old instead of 24?

I dunno where you're getting your prices from, these things have effectively bottomed out in value at $4-6k depending on condition and aren't going up any time soon.

They are an extremely common car, even the "limited" ones, except for the extremely limited runs like the 22b and S20x I mentioned above, and anyone that tells you they're collectible or appreciating in value is dreaming.

A version 3 STI RA in completely stock condition sold for $20k a week to two ago on trademe. People will pay good money for the right car. Plenty of STIs around, very few in tidy, original condition with full service history and receipts/invoices. Too many people claiming rebuilds but with absolutely no evidence.