• Current Donation Goals

borland667

Impreza STI v3 yellow injectors question

7 posts in this topic

USD 184.60Hi Guys, 

I was wondering if there is a plug and play replacement for my Impreza sti v3 injectors (yellow side feed). Also, anyone knows for sure what's the flow rate? I've been reading different information everywhere and I couldn't get anything from the manufacturer. In fact, I'm not even sure what's the manufacturer for these ones!

Some people say these are 440cc, others 480cc and a whole other bunch of people say 550cc (Part # 16611AA231). I wanted to replace them with new ones but these are quite expensive (USD 184 in jp-carparts and USD 134 in partsouq, each!) and hard to get. Does anyone know a direct replacement that can be used? or perhaps a rebuild kit? or any ideas on a replacement for these ones without breaking the bank!! LOL

Cheers guys!

Do you need brand new? Second hand sets show up on trade me and facebook etc all the time - https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/listing-1940788646.htm?rsqid=0fa015542855424290915ef1a7c15363 for example. 

You just need phase 1 injectors (like the ones in the auction) as the phase2s wont fit. I *thnk* you can tell em apart quickly as phase 1s have single holes whereas phase 2s have 4 holes in the injector.

You can also get adapters to run phase 2 injectors to open up your options a bit. Or just change rails.

Cheers guys, I'm thinking about going with the adapters for opening up the options a bit...

On 12/02/2019 at 9:54 AM, borland667 said:

Cheers guys, I'm thinking about going with the adapters for opening up the options a bit...

You can get bolt on OEM remanufactured stuff on TradeMe too depending on what cc you want.

On 14/02/2019 at 6:03 AM, RaKid said:

You can get bolt on OEM remanufactured stuff on TradeMe too depending on what cc you want.

Thanks!!! I'll keep that in mind!!

Fairly sure the factory yellows are 440cc @ 80% IDC and 550cc @ 100% IDC. You can get aftermarket 880cc side feeds.

What are your power goals?, if you want factory "new" injectors i'd have thought 2nd hand side feed yellows would be cheap and get them cleaned/flow tested

1 person likes this