Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Upgrade BOV for V1/2 ej20g?

swamp

Hi all 

I am a noob and do want to replace my (broken) factory bov with one such as a hks ssqv or V6 sti I believe it's an HKS unit. 

However the problem is that my turbo inlet which is on the early wrxs uses a hose rather than a flange to the turbo-intercooler pipe. I don't run the factory pipe rather I use radiator/silicon Hose as mine broke. To fix this, would I either have to get some silicon Hose, drill a hole to fit flange? Or is it best to buy a factory hose? 

On 19/02/2019 at 9:54 PM, Andy_Mac said:

Don't suppose you have a pic of how yours currently looks?

GFB do BPV’s with a bunch of different bases that will most likely work over your hose as long as it is a common size. 

VlQEUQU.jpg

lAhtdwB.jpg

Thanks for that, I see that a lot of later ej20s have intercooler mounted bovs as standard. The flange is welded on to the TMIC? 

I guess that's not really an option for me, so I'll have to find a turbo-intercooler pipe that has a hose fitting to accept mount... Or just drill a hole and bolt in which will be rugged... 

But anyway are the hks knock offs legal? I thought vent to atmosphere was illegal? 

Bov can vent where ever since it’s just compressed air

wastegates have to be plumbed back as that’s exhaust gas cos well cats and noise laws

You can get the later model flange like on the intercooler to a pipe fitting but not much point. Just find one you like the sound of and fit it to the existing pipe. Not sure how much needs to be recirculating to not have issues on the older cars. Newer ones run 100% atmosphere without issue