Sign in to follow this  
aaronpnz

Check engine, traction control & cruise control lights on dash

Man, this car is getting annoying.

What does it mean when CEL & Traction lights are on solid, and cruise control flashes? 

I have checked the codes and I get P0037 as a result. 

It's still hunting a bit at lights, and almost stalls when stopping at times, but seems to be fine at power. 

*shrugs* don't want to spend more money on this thing, might be time to get rid of it maybe.

• Like 1

Interesting.

A misbehaving o2 sensor could be the cause for just about all your problems. Will cause it to run like crap and could be the reason your LV’s and fuelling is so messed up in logs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Interesting.

A misbehaving o2 sensor could be the cause for just about all your problems. Will cause it to run like crap and could be the reason your LV’s and fuelling is so messed up in logs. 

What Andy said 

Does it idle ok after taking it for a full open throttle run?

Some nice diagrams and tests for the sensor

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2450569&page=2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaronpnz said:

Thanks guys, I'll have a look into this, are they easy enuff to change? Could I do it myself?

I guess you can buy one right...

Yea super easy to change. They can be super tight if not checked previously so give it a blast with CRC beforehand since you probably won't have an open socket for loosening like shops do so you'll be stuck using a spanner unless you wanna just cut the wires off the old one and have a long socket

Your error code is heater element so high boost on full throttle heat things enough to get a good o2 reading so it idles ok.

O2 is usually used for self tuning at cruise or idle. At full throttle it likely goes closer to the fuel maps and so has less issues. 

Sound like the error code code maybe spot on. The sensors do die and faster with more power. @Niran just had one fail.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Fl0W
      Hey Guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place or somebody has a similar post but I've got a number of check engine fault codes on my 2001 BH9 Legacy 250S EJ25 (always run on 95 petrol) they are P0390, P0365 and I did have a P0130 code which might've been before I replaced the O2 sensor post cat. The other 2 codes, which I believe both relate to the camshaft position sensor. It seems to be the case because when the car is at operating temp it loves to dip very low on idle sputtering and stuttering, loss of power and almost dying, etc. I ended up buying a new camshaft position sensor from supercheap and I've replaced it with the one that lives on the passenger side towards the front of the engine near the engine oil filler tube.

But I've still got the same codes after resetting and I've tried a lot of other things like injector cleaner and I've cleaned the throttle body replaced air filter added (mbl8 oil additive I think?) oilange with filter every 10k km and all that jazz. It also has some type of tick along the whole rev range, to me it sounds like it's coming from the top end on the passenger side. Other than that the car runs mint when it feels like being normal but it guzzles fuel like crazy, pretty much almost 15-17 litres /100km around town.  Sorry about the novel I just wrote but I'm out of ideas and I am a student so any help would be much appreciated! 
    • By Kiwiflyboy
      All Copied from the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/events/228527577660746
      Christchurch Subaru Akaroa Cruise

You asked for it so you got it!

Christchurch subaru will be holding a cruise and park up in akaroa !

Meet at 1pm sharp at dunns crossing Road

Please make sure you fill up first as there are no bp stations on the way

I will sort a photographer for the day (if anyone knows let me know)
    • By bigDnz
      There is a charity cruise happening in Dunedin on Sunday 20th November 2016 for the hospice. If anyone is interested in or out of Dunedin, would be cool to see a few Subarus there. please see the link below for all the details.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1746811695589030/?active_tab=highlights

• Recent Status Updates