Sign in to follow this  
StrokedEJ

Eg33 or ez30???

Hey guys been thinking long and hard weather to start something different. After years of playing with ejz I'm considering slowly starting on a h6 as I'm fascinated how they make so much power and torque on bugger all boost. Some guys make close to 1000hp atw on 24psi. Will be using for road/track/drags etc

Does anyone no the pros and cons between the eg and ez

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No real experience with either sized engine, but I would imagine the  EZ30 would have a lot more spare parts and would be cheaper than the EG33.

• Like 2

The EZ is a way more modern and sophisticated motor, especially if you want to do things like variable valve timing. Also I believe there is much better aftermarket support for it, i.e. there are off-the-shelf pistons, rods, valves etc whereas I don't think support for the EG33 is anywhere near is good.

• Like 1

I know what your saying@boon even trying to find a eg is hard. Ton of ez30z on trademe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So eg33 is actually really easy to get parts as it's just a ej22 with 2 more cyl so all ej22 parts work incl pistons, rods valve train etc. Cams are only issue but they can be reground easy enough. They are a stronger block factory and have thicker cylinder wall thickness but it's a far bigger engine physically. 

• Like 4

Tribeca's EZ36D?

The EZ36D retains the plastic intake manifold, (3 exhaust ports per head)***needs source***, and drive-by-wire throttle of the later EZ30D, but loses AVLS while gainingAVCS for both intake and exhaust cams. The EZ36D also incorporates an asymmetrical connecting rod design shared with the FB series of engines and the EE20 diesel engine.

• Displacement: 3629 cc DOHC
  • Bore: 92 mm
  • Stroke: 91 mm
  • Compression: 10.5:1
  • Power: 260 PS (191 kW; 256 hp) at 6000 rpm
  • Torque: 350 N⋅m (36 kg⋅m; 258 lb⋅ft) at 4400 rpm
  • Application:

• Like 1