preim

March 2019 update

Hi everyone

The forum software has been updated. Unfortunately due to an error made by me we lost the last 24h of data, sorry for this.

Please respond here if you come across any other issues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is there anyway to recover any of the text? I chose a great day to update two separate garage threads.. lol. It did take ages though. Is it all completely gone?

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Niran said:

Is there anyway to recover any of the text? I chose a great day to update two separate garage threads.. lol. It did take ages though. Is it all completely gone?

You need to have a backup of the database with the data in it which I’m guessing is what we don’t have. 

Generally you have to mount the database to a copy of MySQL you installed on another pc and search out the updated threads. 

If anyone was subscribed to your thread they may have an email but it seems mine are a Sunday thing, though that maybe the day I subscribed to my thread. 

Otherwise browser cache on a pc may work. Disconnect the internet and try the topic URL from the history. 

If you’ve already looked on the same browser it’s going to have cleared the cache and be the same as now. 

I looked but it was only on my phone which doesn’t keep anything. Someone else maybe able to to try it for you. 

Internet archive last checked 21st Jan. But it does have back to 2000.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/Clubsub.org.nz

Edited by Gripless
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Niran said:

Unfortunately not 😢

Time to get typing mate 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niran said:

recover any of the text

no sorry

Nice type R tho!

• Like 1

it's neat to see all the small things with an update

iG1GfvFl.png

[scroll all the way to the bottom of the page (pc / browser) : love the inclusion of the FB & Insta that were never there]

can someone make the "contact us" button actually work or point to a working email address or 'help' thread please?

it's a @clubsub.org.nz email address & we havnt had one of those for eons, & emails to it go nowhere nor do they even bounce back (try it)

edit : I hit it again & says "Sent to administrators" 

pipe up if you see it anywhere!

Guest pedro

hi Joker..

I have been logged out.

Could you send a password to   pfsteer@gmail.com

39 minutes ago, Guest pedro said:

hi Joker..

I have been logged out.

Could you send a password to   pfsteer@gmail.com

everyone got logged out @pedro

did you try the "lost my password" link? (let the system do its thing first) or reset your password

• Like 1

I had to reset mine then logout fully and back in to stay logged in constantly again. 

The reset logs you in again but seems have a time out after a bit so you need to log in again.

thats weird..i am back..😍

This time it had saved my old password..

Anyway great work by all concerned..

Time now to donate some money to CS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

system works, thanks for bearing with it, I didn't want to have to try & log everyone in individually etc

& don't thank me, we've managed to gather a crack team of technical people to mitigate these interweb things!

a-team-495x330.jpg

if you see this parked outside, you'll know why....

• Like 1

Getting an error when I try and log in from the Tapatalk app ever since this update. Comes up with a huge error message when I try and log in with my username and password. Have you stopped supporting Tapatalk?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Getting an error when I try and log in from the Tapatalk app ever since this update. Comes up with a huge error message when I try and log in with my username and password. Have you stopped supporting Tapatalk?

Any way you can screenshot or paste the error message?

UPDATE: Looks like we need to update Tapatalk on the forums as well. Will work to get that done.
In the meantime, feel free to access the forum on your mobile browser as the new forum works quite well on mobile :)

• Like 2

yep official tapatalk 'compiance' is deemed unecessary (although actually quite neat to use) as the forums software IS mobile friendly

sidenote : yeah  tapatalk does have (& I Use it every so often on mobile) neat features combined with this forums, there is a cost & that's part of why we try to raise funds with 'donations' and sale via our online shop (calender's & stickers etc

The options for subscibing only allow three options ,3 6 and 12 months''

No option for casual donations.

This means if you have subscribed for a fixed period you can not donate any more during that period.

18 hours ago, Joker said:

yep official tapatalk 'compiance' is deemed unecessary (although actually quite neat to use) as the forums software IS mobile friendly

sidenote : yeah  tapatalk does have (& I Use it every so often on mobile) neat features combined with this forums, there is a cost & that's part of why we try to raise funds with 'donations' and sale via our online shop (calender's & stickers etc

I been using tapatalk for years as have all forums that I'm on in the one the place has been great. 

I must say the update now makes the Clubsub forum way nicer to use on a mobile though than it used to be. If it is a cost thing that the forum has to cover totally understand then didn't realise you had to pay to be able to be on it?

Just paid my latest subs with your auto payment so put that money to good use and keep the awesome work up! (if you need more money maybe have an option for different levels of subscribers with different benefits?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The tapatalk is free or costs if we want to remove the ads.

Its an easy update, I think we will update it tomorrow.

• Like 2

i use tapatalk as it's handy, but if it's better for the forum to use the web browser version then i'll do that

[edit] to not double post.. this is error i get when trying to update my subscription. is that bug of current software?

WLdZZmL.png1

Edited by Batbaruman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

For some people it has auto renewed, have you checked your bank acc to see if we’ve already pinched some money from you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andy_Mac said:

For some people it has auto renewed, have you checked your bank acc to see if we’ve already pinched some money from you?

nah last time i paid by bank transfer , but you've pinched my from me by proxy by means of brainwashing me to get a subi again :P (not a bad thing)

• Like 2

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 16 seconds before submitting.

Is this new? very annoying.

• Sad 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.