Hey guys, 

Any Rota/Wheel gurus out there? 

Looking to change my wheel set up and these popped up kinda locally, can't seem to find any info on this spec. Thinking they might be reps? Or I could be completely wrong.

IMG_3336

IMG_3334

IMG_3334

Nice looking wheels but rotas are copies anyway. Not very well made wheels to be honest

21 minutes ago, iludez said:

Nice looking wheels but rotas are copies anyway. Not very well made wheels to be honest

^ that. Rota just copy other people’s designs. I’ve been given S*** today for posting them in my wheel topic. 

They apparently are more prone to cracks and shattering than Japanese brands. 

Ah sweet, I thought they looked a bit like kiwami or something. 

Cheers guys

^ take all with a grain of salt though . i like the way they look and price point, but wouldn't get them myself, as prioritize strong light wheels myself. if you're just wanting the wheels for looks/stance then it's probably more than good enough.. they aint gonna fall apart or chip/crack just from normal driving and would indeed look pretty sweet on your ride provided they're the right offset and all. 

• Like 2

I’ve only seen wheels die from potholes or ripple strips on a track.

Seen rays te37 rims buckle on track ripple strips but never break. Started to leak but was still in tacked. 

• Like 1

The price and how popular they are here is insane to me, back in the states people tend to look down on rotas for being s****y, cheap knock offs. 

I wouldn’t touch them if someone paid me, had a friend who wanted me to coat his set but even I didn’t want to bother with that 

I don't think they would be sold in the country if they hadn't met a certain spec so for street driving and the look I think they would be fine. However there is proof online of them hitting potholes at speed and blowing to bits so would not recommend spirited driving or track use. 

The only other thing is Work wheels and the likes are definitely more expensive however by supporting company's such as Rota who imitate their wheels wont be doing anything good for the long standing company's. 

Buyers choice though! my WRX came on Rota's and they were fine while I had it but have since upgraded to genuine Work wheels.

• Like 1

If they are anything like tsw wheels, another copy company I would avoid. I had 18s on my bl5 and hit a small pothole in the road and both wheels at the rear cracked

• Sad 1

The grain structure will be no where near as precise as a reputable brand that tests their design. That's why expensive rims typically partially crack/bend at the point of impact where rip-offs often sheer complete spokes right off or worse.

• Like 1

can attest to TSW's cracking, had 17"s on my Avenger (yeah looked as s*** as that sounds)

3/4 crcked

Well things like gram lites are only gravity poured. Rays forged range is just Volk now. 

Though rota have likely got a lot better than they used to be I can’t remember any dead wheels in the last few years. 

Replica Rotas, oh the irony 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I reluctantly coated a set this morning, yeah. Inside lip had a crack on one of them

• Sad 1

On 10/05/2019 at 9:34 AM, boon said:

Replica Rotas, oh the irony 😂

Don't buy replica reps, the quality may be substandard, only buy our genuine reps... 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1