Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Process West Air Intake Kits

Hi there,

Has any one here had any experience with the process west air intake kits for GC8's?

Interested to know what difference it makes over the stock intake? Would it give better response from turbo?

And also if it is even worth considering since I am only running a VF22.

Cheers.

• Admin

I can only speak to the GDB. Really nicely made, very good fitment, made good doooorpy sounds.

For a stock turbo, makes three fifths of f***-all difference. I'd only do it if I needed to for intercooler pipe reasons, unless you really really want it to go DOOORP

21 minutes ago, Gripless said:

Just remember if you change too a bigger pipe diameter where the MAF sensor is installed it’s retune time. 

Yes, the car will be getting a tune with link G4 regardless, to make the most of the bigger tmic, headers, and injectors and gone to vf22 over vf28.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ginganinja said:

I'm actually in AU next weekend so perhaps I do some shopping.

hmm yeh on that note im in brisbane for 4 days next month and happen to have checked bag... what would be good items to have on the list of race car stuff to bring back? :P

• Admin

hmm yeh on that note im in brisbane for 4 days next month and happen to have checked bag... what would be good items to have on the list of race car stuff to bring back?

I purposefully made a trip once to pick up a set of MCA red shocks as it was cheaper to fly and bring them back with me than it was to ship and pay those customs bastards money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gripless said:

Ring a few shops and make sure they have stock. Heaps don’t since it’s next day ordering being local. 

Going to be in Melbourne area, so will scout out a few shops and check stock. Looks like everyone is charging $385aud. Quite a bit of money for doooorp noises. Not convinced as to how much gain I will see having this rather than stock intake when I tune the car.

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

i am getting closer to looking at getting on of these kits however i have some questions about how to delete my AFM. i will be tuning the car and hence won't need the AFM.

However the P west kit is designed to fit in factory location so therefore it mounts to the stock AFM pipe that normally mounts to the airbox. i would like to containue to run it this way but i am trying to think of the tidiest way to get rid of the AFM. Is there anything like a blank plate  available that would go over the mount where the AFM goes? or do i just leave it as is and not plug it in?

interested to know what any of you have done in the past for this?

cheers.