Pavo

Japanese voice notification 2011 legacy

I've just bought a 2011 legacy and, despite two trips to the dealers auto electrician I have a Japanese notification randomly vacalising. Has anyone solved or experienced this in their jap import.

There are USB connectors in the glove box and a card reader that looks integrated and original. I took a card out but the notices stayed.

And it does talk when I first get in and start but it's random. Sometimes it does and others not.

Oops card reader gone from glovebox after yard auto electrician's work...obviously didn't work...🤣

Does it have little aerials on either side of the windscreen?

Also fold down the drivers sun shade. Is there another unit mounted in to the roof?

when it starts talking follow these steps:

1: Take preferred foot

2: Raise foot to dash height

3: Kick the s#*t out of the dash till it stops.

4: Repeat as often as needed until it stops permanently

🤣🤣🤣 

But seriously 

Some readers are fitted by drivers right knee where the coin box is, subaru do a replacement pocket for the coin box

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup I can see where one was there too. It is gone with a rubber base glued in. Bugger.

But thanks for the suggestions....very tempting lol

My 2007 Impreza does this as well. As you say, its random! Wouldn't mind knowing how to evict her... Could it be part of the factory headunit?

got a dash cam? it might have a recording of it you could share & someone might be able to translate (or there's an app for that?

I sorted it by putting another multimedia player in. However a 3.5 headphone cord came from somewhere and connected to the head unit. I suspect that is where the voice notifications came from. It was separate from the wiring loom. Checking it out and see if yours is the same. It was bloody awesome to drive in peace .

21 minutes ago, Pavo said:

I sorted it by putting another multimedia player in. However a 3.5 headphone cord came from somewhere and connected to the head unit. I suspect that is where the voice notifications came from. It was separate from the wiring loom. Checking it out and see if yours is the same. It was bloody awesome to drive in peace .

Mine sacred the bejeebus out of me while trying to reverse and avoid children!!!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

trying to avoid children

up the bum?

/spam