Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2005 Blitzen Thread

Dan Fish

hi guys ive just bought my first subaru had been a v8 fan for years but decided to try something new , i have a 2005 legacy blitzen single turbo manual its nice car runs well been looked after, i have not been able to find any info on this model i found lots on twin turbo , did this come out with a single turbo or is it aftermarket any info be cool cheers 

• Like 1

• Admin

I didn't know there was a post-2002 Blitzen. Unless someone can come up with some evidence to the contrary, I suspect it's a Legacy (probably one of the non-standard versions) that someone has added a Blitzen badge to. Anything 2005 will be factory single turbo.

EDIT: Well, some further research suggests that there was indeed a Blitzen up through at least 2005.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, boon said:

I didn't know there was a post-2002 Blitzen. Unless someone can come up with some evidence to the contrary, I suspect it's a Legacy (probably one of the non-standard versions) that someone has added a Blitzen badge to. Anything 2005 will be factory sindesign gle turbo.

EDIT: Well, some further research suggests that there was indeed a Blitzen up through at least 2005.

its registerd as blitzen top gear do a review of a 2003 model i watched on you tube i was told it was a rare model not many made . its tidy leather heated seats all extra bells n whistles but i couldnt find was a reference to a single turbo so i woundered if it had been changed .i think it was the last model i read something about it being a porsch design but i honestly have only just got in2 subarus i dont know much but am very keen to learn as much as pos thanks for your replys 

Edited by Dan Fish

• Admin
1 hour ago, Dan Fish said:

its registerd as blitzen top gear do a review of a 2003 model i watched on you tube i was told it was a rare model not many made . its tidy leather heated seats all extra bells n whistles but i couldnt find was a reference to a single turbo so i woundered if it had been changed .i think it was the last model i read something about it being a porsch design but i honestly have only just got in2 subarus i dont know much but am very keen to learn as much as pos thanks for your replys 

The original Blitzen was in the BE/BH shape, which ended in 2003. These were the last of the twin turbo cars; this generation of Blitzen was indeed a collaboration between Subaru and Porsche Design and got a few little extras, mostly just the bodykit and some rims though.

I've done a bit of hunting around this morning and it looks like they did a Blitzen in the BL/BP shape which started in 2004. These cars are all single turbo from the factory, this is what your car will be. Same deal, bodykit and rims and in theory it should be bright red.

• Like 1

awsome cheers man has it as factory black on original papers was nz new but im happy  as with it for a 2litre i was surprised with its power its on par with my last car which was gt xr8 i dont think its gonna be any cheaper to run lmao

the thing i couldnt find was the single turbo but thanks to you lads that now makes sense none of the catalouges have specs just colours the paperwork is not very readable but ill try and photograph it ( very faded ink its got wet at some stage has runs)

freind of mine in states messaged me saying its the 206kw 2 litre single turbo factory which is what seller  told me but hey never trust a salesman hehe thanks again 4 ya help i subcribed to show my apriciation 4 ya help even landtransport were stumped it took em ages to accept the model heres the kicker on the AA website it came back as a falcon , but my last car was so i think that was a computer entering era must admitt i was getting a bit worried this morn thinking i might have been scamed but hey looks cool goes hard thats all that matters aye \m/

• Like 1

Drivetrain is no different to any other GT of the same era (4th gen BL/BP 06/2003 - 06/2008) - i.e a single turbo. Porsche Design were involved with the exterior, again nothing to do with the drivetrain. Post some pics for us. 

Some JDM catalogue goodness 

MY2005 Blitzen 

aDyB2wN.jpg

jxxtqi8.jpg

r8yNP5W.jpg

eNrEcwY.jpg

zvrf3I4.jpg

FoIkQ2f.jpg

bXHiJ0f.jpg

MaG7mQx.jpg

H0DSmdN.jpg

6pP3ztb.jpg

• Like 2

• General Member

Moderator hat on

⚗️

Split & created your own 05 Blitzen thread in the Legacy Section (some good info here) as I dont think we've seen some of these on the forums before (new model buyers are slow to catch on / Facebook clubs seem to be 'winning')

again welcome to the forums & thanks for your contribution! Your $$ help keep this place alive & information like this available hopefully for years to come!

• Like 2