Sign in to follow this  
Lowkey

Can I install UEL headers on a 2004 Impreza 1.6 ts?

Hey, I recently just bought a Subaru Impreza 1.6 ts and I wanted to know if I could install UEL headers to get that sweet rumble. I honestly don’t know that much about cars but I’m trying to get into the scene and all I could afford was this, any information is valuable boys!

I don't think you would get the rumble from a non turbo smaller displacement motor, cheapest and easiest thing to do for sound is a cat back exhaust

• Like 2

The rumble comes from the unequal length header... but aren't all the unequal length headers for a turbo?

I see them come up occasionally on Facebook groups. Usually some cheap brand that sells on eBay so not super high quality but they are out there for NA’s.

Like this but find one with confirmed fitment with later gen cars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-97-05-Subaru-Impreza-2-5L-Rs-Ej25-Na-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Header-Upgrade/132906881696?hash=item1ef1de12a0:g:XkEAAOSwTo1cuoG0

4 hours ago, Loren said:

The rumble comes from the unequal length header... but aren't all the unequal length headers for a turbo?

Pretty sure this is right

The Americans cut up the factory n/a headers and make them UEL (purely for sound), worth a google

Or could see if the factory set off a 3rd gen Legacy 250T can be made to fit. They're a weird case of a NA but have the exhaust routed up then back down again like turbo vehicles

On 15/08/2019 at 2:26 PM, Andy_Mac said:

Or could see if the factory set off a 3rd gen Legacy 250T can be made to fit. They're a weird case of a NA but have the exhaust routed up then back down again like turbo vehicles

They have EL headers. They are a budget option for getting an EL header if you want to do that, because the flange location matches a turbo up-pipe.

8 minutes ago, boon said:

They have EL headers. They are a budget option for getting an EL header if you want to do that, because the flange location matches a turbo up-pipe.

Ahh was it that way around, my bad, knew it was a cheapo way to change style.