Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What Legacy do I have? Deciphering codes

ScoobyToo

Some advice on working out what my Legacy is please.

What I know so far: It's a GT stationwagon with a 2.5 engine and is an auto.

It's a B4, 2007 year, 250 BHP.

And that's about all I know. I think it's pretty unusual in that it has a big sunroof and wash jets on the headlights.

The codes are:

VIN: JF1BP9KV57G054026

Applied model: BP9DKFV

Option code: 4F

Trim code: D20

Engine type: EJ255LLDLE

I've tried all of the online code identifiers but cannot get more info than this.

Any advice on what/where to try would be great, thanks.

1 hour ago, ScoobyToo said:

Applied model: BP9

has a big sunroof and wash jets on the headlights.

Not uncommon on the JDM models.

It's a B4

B4 are sedans only...

Colour: Grey

1 hour ago, sleepr said:

You listed out all the info, what other info do you want?

I'm wondering if it's a variant of some kind from the 2.5 GT, wondering whether that's related to the washers on the headlights and whether there are any other unusual aspects you guys may now about related to this, also when I put the model code in the deciphering site, it doesn't recognise it, so I still haven't found out definitively what this model is. Also wondering what the 4F option code refers to.

1 hour ago, JGM said:

Not uncommon on the JDM models.

B4 are sedans only...

Colour: Grey

Right, so when it says 'Subaru B-4' on the ID plate, any idea what it is referring to? Cheers.

• Admin

What's your plate if you don't mind sharing?

Wonder if it's an Aussie import. The few NZ new 2.5GT/GT Spec B’s don't have the headlight washers, well the 08’s don't atleast.

Does the info plate have a vin number that looks more like BP9-xxxxxx?

What you have is a NZ new GT. Hence 2.5L as opposed to 2.0L JDM.

All NZ/AUDM models with HID headlights were equipped with the headlight washers, due to euro specs/requirements I believe. 

Were mostly upspec'd hence the sunroof, I'd hazard a guess and say that it also has a McIntosh system and black leather but non-foldable mirrors and non-alloy control arms. 

You'd struggle to find a typical JDM chassis number on this...

B4 = sedan

GT = wagon

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

@sobanoodle

Surely the Spec B’s had the same headlight washer regs as the GT’s? This is the only one in NZ I've seen over the years with a bit of a thread, notice no headlight washers.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23381

Not sure if I am reading your post correctly but the one in that thread has washers?.. Also I am 99% positive that the car in question is also a Spec.B.

16 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

I'd hazard a guess and say that it also has a McIntosh system and black leather but non-foldable mirrors and non-alloy control arms. 

...and a standard grille as opposed to JDM honeycomb.

• 1 year later...
On 7/09/2019 at 12:54 PM, sobanoodle said:

Not sure if I am reading your post correctly but the one in that thread has washers?.. Also I am 99% positive that the car in question is also a Spec.B.

...and a standard grille as opposed to JDM honeycomb.

Cheers sobanoodle, you're a star! Yep, you're also 100% correct: it's a spec B, non-foldable mirrors, non-alloy stalks, non-honeycomb grille. It's a perfect sleeper!

5 hours ago, Divine said:

Just to bump an old thread, there is more info here:

https://legacypic.uk/specifications/specpage.php?id=2126&ref=bp9dkfv

Number made here: https://legacypic.uk/car/chassislist.php?id=2126

Thanks Divine, these links were really interesting. Cool to think it's one of only 42 with that trim spec.