Sign in to follow this  
Zach

V7 sti TPS

Car was running with exact same symptoms as a big vac leak. 15inhg, bogging,misfires and backfire etc. I Unplugged the tps and shes alive again holding boost well.  Im on the hunt for a tps and wondering if I need a v7 sti one or is there other model subie tps I can use? Makes sourcing one easier. Thanks clubsub.

Purchased brand new oem sensor but the keyhole in it turns the opposite direction as my one. Its as if it was designed to be installed on the opposite side of the throttle body which brings me to the question: Do the USDM cars have there tps installed on the otherside of the throttle body to ours? in which case I would have to order  RHD TPS specific. 

Really hoping someone can chime in on this as I know for a fact my TPS is faulty because it only reads 3.8v at wot and I cant get my car tuned until I get this sorted. Alternatively if anyone has a TPS that will suite a v7 sti they would sell that would help me out alot too. I dont want to start purchasing new tps before knowing for sure it will fit and function because there costly. 

• Confused 1

All cable throttles are on the same side. I think the yanks mainly got DBW throttles though, did you maybe get a DBW TPS?

EDIT: Ok it looks like the DBW throttle body is a single-piece assembly, presumably with TPS built in. Did you get a 22633AA210?

yes 22633aa210 interchangeable with 240. strange that it only wants to turn anti clockwise when facing and looking at the white key hole holding the tps in my hand. The ones on our cars should be turning clockwise from the default position.  

1 hour ago, Zach said:

yes 22633aa210 interchangeable with 240. strange that it only wants to turn anti clockwise when facing and looking at the white key hole holding the tps in my hand. The ones on our cars should be turning clockwise from the default position.  

I did a quick google of those codes (i'm very bored)

It shows that the 240 is for  6 cylinder as the throttle cable (pre facelift) is opposite to the 4s

The 210 is for the correct side

Link below for 240:

hhttps://www.subarupartsforyou.com/oem-parts/subaru-sensor-throttle-22633aa240

Link below for 210:

https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/parts/subaru-sensor-assembly-throttle~22633aa210.html

Edited by SpeedySub

cheers suby sign. the retailer iv been using has listed there product a replacement suitable for the 240 and the 210. so thanks for clearing that up. Ive ordered the 210 ill update once its arrived and installed. fingers crossed.

So wait.... are you using a genuine Subaru sensor or a "probably compatible" alternative?

When I said "did you get a 22633AA210" I meant "Did you get a genuine Subaru part, numbered 22633AA210, not some knock-off turd"

The compatible alternate is 22633AA140, note 140, not 240.

For bits like this, don't f*** around with aftermarket alternatives. We're talking about a $100 part here.

• Like 2

New genuine subaru tps installed and have confirmed its the correct part. With a multi meter im seeing .52v closed throttle and only 3.9v at wot.  What could be causing the low 3.9v?  Also noticed my radiator is giving off a bit of voltage too. The photo shows 3.47 at wot because I moved it on accident when taking the photo. Usually gets 3.9

20191002-164228.jpg

20191002-164127.jpg

20191008-105422.jpg

Could this maf connection be causing an issue with low tps voltage? It looks to eventually end up in the same loom.

• Like 1