Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Best option for getting rid of car

Username

Gettint rid of my daily forester 97, manual turbo. 225k. Is it best I just list as a dollar reserve on trade me. Car needs Cambelt change, new oil pump, hardline coolant hose from turbo to header tank, and gearbox bushings. 

Not going to lie about condition of car just want best price. 

Should I consider Turner's or scrap yards? Or go trade me as u wont beat the price on there? 

I reckon $1 reserve on trademe mate people that need parts etc will look to bid on it and at least you know you can say whats wrong with it and make it as is where is. 

My worry with giving cars that need work to places like Turners is they have been known to patch up issues and sell for more. 

If you have a price in mind that you want, chucking a random figure here say $1000 just put it at that reserve so bidding starts from this point. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

$1 reserve has always worked well for me but it's essential that someone bids like $800-$1000 in the first 48 hours or so, otherwise you get all these tyrekicking f***s contacting you thinking they're going to get an engine-swapped lifted Hilux for $46.

EDIT: On that note, maybe instead of $1 reserve, make it like $500 reserve, something that's still a screaming good deal but eliminates the total dreamers off the bat.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies