Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

97 Foz NO GO {JoKer's Hack}

Joker

• General Member

Ok I bought a dereg complete Fozzy [Auto]

67770790_10157431705612456_5765514706026

have removed the AVS & Turbo Timer (lady lost keys & fell out of love with it and got told by the council to dispose of or remove it from the Roadside, along came me!)

I have Spark & fuel and no fire

any ideas or tips? Door chime only comes on when I unplug ign etc

Has sat on the side of the road for 2 years unlocked & locals have had a go at it (Ign pulled out etc) << i believe this may be the main issue

all Lights go on, no stereo though, air con works, I connect the Diagnostic plugs (Black & Green) & get a constant flash of the CEL

I do have the Gravel Express parked nearby for robbing bits off

I am aware this is all hard to see from where you are, just trying the basics for now

next I'll drain tank & pop some fresh fuel in but I'd expect it at least to cough & fart with stale fuel right?

• Admin

What have you done to confirm you have spark and fuel?

Maybe try whip the return fuel line off and get the fuel pump to run to make sure nothing is blocking fuel flow.

Have you checked spark at each plug yet?

Something super annoying and electrical makes more sense from your description of it's hard last few years haha. 

• Like 1

• General Member

Pulled it off after Filter canister in Bay, got good flow, mate reckoned it was discoloured (where, um is the return line?

& yeah nah only checked one outlet on Coil pack

one theory was Crank / Cam sensor, but I reckon if its got spark, it has signal right?

might pull plugs, or how do I check Injectors are actually working? 

I've never really spent time under the bonnet of a Subaru, as odd as that sounds I am not a mech expert (just good at googling / using search button, maybe I should try that LOL

• Admin

Dunno on an old foz but it'll be one of the three going to the firewall. Try find the reg wherever that is too. 

Yea if crank/cam signal is tucked it won't even try spark.

Dunno on injectors, crank it over and then check the spark plugs to see if they're wet maybe? That's how I'd do an initial check. Options after that get expensive or very messy

• Thanks 1

• General Member

Old fuel out (about 20L

71954876_10157605277877456_3569556523820

Mower 91 in milk Bottle for comparison

72355824_10157605278027456_1959994100597

and Fresh 98 I put 10L in for comparison

72747783_10157605278337456_4366845038282

Still no go, may need to bleed injectors somehow? / from Filter on?

not getting any return flow from the other two pipes

72843525_10157605278152456_7600447111380

little or big

• Haha 1

• General Member
6 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

pump prime

ign on / off (prime system)

there was not constant flow and I didnt 'hotwire' the pump

no return fuel either

I can hear the injectors clicking with foot flat cranking

Wait, no return fuel even on prime or just with ign on? Mine only flows on key on (prime). Bridge the fuel pump relay if you want constant flow (pin 30 to 87).

I'd try crank it over a few times, then pull all 4 plugs & see if you think they are covered in petrol, take photos and post them up. Check each one for spark, be ready to replace them. My bet is on plugs assuming fuel is flowing out the return on prime

• Like 3

Pop a vacuum line off the intake manifold and spray something that goes bang in there while cranking it. Brake cleaner works, if it fires and coughs then you have confirmed its fuel issue. If not then you can look more spark / electrical issues? Lots of good ideas here haha i'm keen to find out what it was in the end 😀

I wouldn't be surprised if the injectors are just seized 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...