Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Engine Crane in Wellington? Cambelt experience person?

Bazza-NZ

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gen11990 said:

while you are all out i might start to tidy the garage so we have more space and more organized

that a big job itself :P

required almost the same amount of effort as pulling out a motor, doing the work and then putting it back in :( , The Mazda need some gas today as well, had to take the crane back

Also i have you jack and stands, feel free to pick them up at any stage, otherwise i can drop them off to you if you want..

Currently still doing some research on how to get this wasted spark setup going, we might have a few things in the wrong place : Would really like to get this mod done and working tho, always wanted to convert it..

gen11990 said:

while you are all out i might start to tidy the garage so we have more space and more organized

yeah, hence it wasn't really done......the tidy-up that is

the car did fire up, back to the previous setup for now - i'm unsure as to whether the V1/2 coil pack to the V3/4 single coil conversion will actually be sucessful, after research and consulting auto electricians it appears the ignition systems do vary a bit...

spark_38']

[quote name='gen11990 said:

quote]

yeah, hence it wasn't really done......the tidy-up that is

the car did fire up, back to the previous setup for now - i'm unsure as to whether the V1/2 coil pack to the V3/4 single coil conversion will actually be sucessful, after research and consulting auto electricians it appears the ignition systems do vary a bit...

Got some more wirring diagrams with some words of advice so might have another crack at it at some stage over the next mouths hopefully with some luck this time.. I'm going to continue to do some research into it and see what inroads we can make

Technically the setup we had should have worked but....

spark_38 said:

yeah the only issue i could think of was incorrect dwell times on the ignitors for the coil packs and/or the older ones aren't transsistor based.

so is the car going yet? i.e. drivable

Not yet, had to head into pick a part to get some more clips and try find some fuel house for the split rails so that took a little bit longer than expected, ran into a mate

Had to be with the misses all morning as she wanted me to spend some time with her, dropped her off at 1

Radiator is in and water in the system, all that i need to do now is new oil in the gearbox, get the shifters sorted out and put on the water to air intercooler system and we should be all good - ready to rock on

however work all today, then the misses is taking me out to dinner and movie so will have to finish off in the weekend

Righto, Car is almost complete now, just got to replace a few bushes and we'll be done and dusted for a wee while, till i want to mod something ;D

Garage is cleaned up so now i can fit 2 cars in, still missing a few tools, and some other peoples tools as well

I'll be doing a big write on later on this week, a Big thanks to everyone that came along to either support or help in any way shape or form, big thumbs up to you guys :P

SPANKU said:

last time i saw it was when u have the car started on the day... havent seen u ussing it ever since then

Yeah i has gone missing since then, right back out to the garage again to have another look, it might be under the carpet in my car, now that would suck having to pull all that back up again :o

still looking for your 14

• 1 month later...
 G-unit said:

pics of the car?

Here we are... (credit to San for the photo)

4205925116_a51879bfcc.jpg

Just to update the thread the car is almost 90% completed to my standard, the car recived a new VTNZ WOF the other day and all is well, new alarm will be installed soon as well.. Yellows in with a chipped ECU and soon to be TD05

A Special Thanks to the Following

Spark_38 - Jason = You did an amazing job with the wiring and sorting out all the extra i had installed, I can't thank you enough for the amount of hours spent on the car, getting everything sorted and working on the electrical side as well as mechanical side

SPANKU - San = You expertise and knowledge was insane, i have leaned so much from just watching you and thanks for all the advice, tips and effort you have also given the car

Both of you worked long hours of the night / morning to make this happen

Plus all those Wellington crew that came over to support / came to eat the BBQ meat / drink the free piss / full yourself up with Simon's coffee

Full run down will be posted in the garge section within the next couple of weeks

Cheers

G-unit said:

nice work bro, alot better then the wagon?

Yes and No

I liked the old wagon, twas good but i would have never used it for its purpose fully, now it has become a tow wagon for a rally car, so gone to do a much better use

I'm having a few handing issues at the moment with the RS, it isn't behaving like i want so a few mod will be in order but overall its running very well, Loving it

Currently running 15PSI so its a rocket ship.. Just waiting in the TD05 now can't wait to put that in and see how it goes ;D

Bazza-NZ']

[quote name='G-unit said:

/quote]

Yes and No

I liked the old wagon, twas good but i would have never used it for its purpose fully, now it has become a tow wagon for a rally car, so gone to do a much better use

I'm having a few handing issues at the moment with the RS, it isn't behaving like i want so a few mod will be in order but overall its running very well, Loving it

Currently running 15PSI so its a rocket ship.. Just waiting in the TD05 now can't wait to put that in and see how it goes ;D

how did you get it up to 15psi??

was it just a chipped ecu or did other mods help in getn it up there?

smokn4']

/quote]

Yes and No

I've installed a chipped ECU which has been remapped for yellow injectors and running no boost or speed cut and rev cut @ 7800RPM, safe fuel map for 18PSI the dude said but not willing to try it out lol

Bazza-NZ']

/quote]

Yes and No

I've installed a chipped ECU which has been remapped for yellow injectors and running no boost or speed cut and rev cut @ 7800RPM, safe fuel map for 18PSI the dude said but not willing to try it out lol

ok so would it run the same if you had greys instead of the yellows or do you rekn the boost would be lower??

only asking coz i gotta chipped ecu also thats supose to raise boost to 15PSi but its only getn up to 11-13PSi max

but ive still got greys with a TD05H and one of those fat tank things and standard solinoid?

any ideas ???

bazza noticed the different between the gas consumption after installed the chiped ecu. cza you can try getting the chip($150) and slap on the yellows (easy to come by for around $100-150)

SPANKU said:

bazza noticed the different between the gas consumption after installed the chiped ecu. cza you can try getting the chip($150) and slap on the yellows (easy to come by for around $100-150)

yea gonna get some yellows and a walbro in the next coule of weeks see if that changes anything already got the chipped ecu installed

and its raised everything but the boost has only gone up a little bit ??? so im thinking theres something ive forgotten

try replacing with a sadan ecu bro, as the wagon came with the td04 and wont get anymore boost as i explain before on another thread. borrow one of the BSB guys and try it out

SPANKU said:

try replacing with a sadan ecu bro, as the wagon came with the td04 and wont get anymore boost as i explain before on another thread. borrow one of the BSB guys and try it out

ive got a sedan ecu, do you rekn it will be beter to get the chip swapped into that??

i thought if you chipped a ecu then it wouldnt matter if it was out of a wagon or sedan thats why i got it put in the wagon ecu as i thought that it would alter the settings and make it better than my RA one????