Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Sunday Meet 29th Of November. EOI.

DAKRNK

Well, Just throwing another idea out there for another meet, this would give plenty of notice for others around the way to organise to be there, obviously this date isnt going to suit everyone, so is just a see how it goes thing.

So We could meet at the lookout once again, say 11am on the sunday, someone brings a barby, then head out to outrum or what not and decide on a route or what not to get there?

Let me know what yas think

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly meeting at the lookout and driving the motorway to Outram doesn't do it for me.... everyone knows this road, and it boring as drive.

sooooo I reckon get every one up the antenna, and if you too worried bout a wee bit of gravel you can park at the bottom or slowly cruise up, once everyone there, we will slowly work our way down and...

dubbedup']

Go up over Waikari, down Whari flat out to Outram, lunch time bbq, then across taireri plains up laws road and back to town? On a Sunday. start say 11am, everyone bring something for BBQ (sausages/salad/beers/bread etc) just need to decide on a date. maybe copy and paste this to a new thread.

This is quite an interesting drive with varying surfaces terrain and also some tight and twistiest with nice fast flowing sections, both there and the way back.

[quote name='travel express said:

and dubbedup??? you shall attend this time??? Stupid freaking gravel roads... I'll wait at bottom of attenna

I will defiantly be going if it is on a Sunday and after 11am as it my only day off and the Mrs will be finished work by then. Hopefully we can also drag Shrug out too....

plus aren't gravel expresses meant for gravel......lol i'll be there trashing it out on the grav with the 19s...lol

yeah man fully keen. NO GRAVEL THIS TIME

Outram Glen could be a goer :) Route to get there, avoid 3mile hill, id hate for raydeo to spin out again... How about a 180kmh+ jaunt along the motorway? or a sea view trip along the coast then over to waihola, then back roads to outram??? keen for a wee drift??

dubbedup said:

Honestly meeting at the lookout and driving the motorway to Outram doesn't do it for me.... everyone knows this road, and it boring as drive.

The only reason i suggest the lookout, as its centrally located for everyone, Not saying we're gunna driving along the motorway, as we will highly likely drive another way, as mentioned

dubbedup said:

plus aren't gravel expresses meant for gravel......lol i'll be there trashing it out on the grav with the 19s...lol

dubbedup, it's travel express not gravel express, are you wearing your glasses ? 8) 8)

would be keen if nothing come up by then. i guess we can discuss this more on friday (the monthly meeting)

B4 2000']

[quote name='dubbedup said:

/quote]

dubbedup, it's travel express not gravel express, are you wearing your glasses ? 8) 8)

would be keen if nothing come up by then. i guess we can discuss this more on friday (the monthly meeting)

Were you guys not watching it Express along the gravel the other day, no need for handbrakes or clutch kick here boys, just let it slide. Just hate washing my car then hitting gravel it ruins the point.

travel express']

yeah man fully keen. NO GRAVEL THIS TIME

Outram Glen could be a goer :) Route to get there, avoid 3mile hill, id hate for raydeo to spin out again... How about a 180kmh+ jaunt along the motorway? or a sea view trip along the coast then over to waihola, then back roads to outram??? keen for a wee drift??

I know of a few peoples who want to explore the land, and this incorporates so many of Dunedin's best roads, when we come to turn into Whare flat you and others who don't want to have fun gravel can go down 3 mile hill.

I'm sure Raydeo would put his car down Whare flat, even at slowish speed.

I'm also keen for a 5th gear rev' limited run but Sunday afternoon may not be the time or place. Hope you got no cutouts when we do find a time and place ;D

The only reason i suggest the lookout, as its centrally located for everyone, Not saying we're gunna driving along the motorway, as we will highly likely drive another way, as mentioned

Ok all good. we can start there if it suits everyone.

from where i live to that antenna is like almost 25kms or more... so f' that.

Haha we all gotta travel, its only couple k's from where some other CS's live.

would be keen if nothing come up by then. i guess we can discuss this more on Friday (the monthly meeting)

I'm sure travel express is a play on word for the name of his model car which I'm guessing is a gravel express which is basically an Impreza wagon with Bullbars (**discalimer**the only Gravel express i have ever seen had bullbars may not be all models)

[quote name='dubbedup said:

/quote]

Were you guys not watching it Express along the gravel the other day, no need for handbrakes or clutch kick here boys, just let it slide. Just hate washing my car then hitting gravel it ruins the point.

Prolly too much dust being kicked up and had to guess how hard you were going by your sledge marks :) Jokes :)

Dam this must be the longest and most reply'd to thread i've ever posted in!

No bullbars, no spare wheel, no steel under tray, no guard around diff, no raised ride height compared to normal gravel express, only thing left factory is maybe the motor maybe the turbo maybe the ecu maybe the exhaust, But seriously all that is factory is the interior, and the paint job and those stupid Chrome plated side skirt things lol

The forester has no cut out, but it gets a lil wobbly at 200kmh.

Sledge marks from braking??? I dont brake on gravel. :o

yeah Bogs down when ya put ya foot up it lol good old factory suspension. The express on the other hand it's deceiving.

or when taking the piss you could use emoticons like this one :D

friendly reminder that illegal activity is not to be discussed on this forum... talking about 180/200kmh and drifting on public roads will result in a ban

not calling anyone out but its pretty gay how people are all good doing this kind of thing on the road, but mention 'track' and oooh no, thats too hard on the car or its too scary~ and a hundred other excuses ::)

kamineko said:

friendly reminder that illegal activity is not to be discussed on this forum... talking about 180/200kmh and drifting on public roads will result in a ban

not calling anyone out but its pretty gay how people are all good doing this kind of thing on the road, but mention 'track' and oooh no, thats too hard on the car or its too scary~ and a hundred other excuses ::)

some of you newbies forget about the ClubSUB constitution.. >:(

kamineko']

Well you so obviosuly are calling out travel express and me, as only us 2 have discussed this, but did you see my comment... time and place. as for drifts, im pertty sure most of us have 4wd cars, drifting to me means constantly holding the car sideways with sustained loss of traction so unless its in a paddock i doubt many of us can actaully drift!

I dont know about travel express but my motorsport and oscc liecense expired on Oct 1st and will be getting renewed, afer i get my rear adjusties my bigger injectors and my retune... no its not too scary~ and a hundred other excuses. but my excuses are:I work 6 days a week and support my family (wife and 4 kids) I'm sure if i wasnt doing the above I would be hammering out every track day that is available, so it looks like local hillclimbs and autocrosses for me (no track close by as you know)

On a positive note: since i have begun competeing I have only had one ticket, so it does keep it off the road.

This is just a freindly reply to your freindly reminder.

[quote name='kamineko said:

b]friendly reminder that illegal activity is not to be discussed on this forum... talking about 180/200kmh and drifting on public roads will result in a ban

[/b]

Never read it, maybe its in the members only section :D :D :D (jokes)

• Admin

All were saying is what goes on tour stays on tour, keep any mention of illegal activities off the forums, and if any members are seen on public roads being idiots with CS signage on their vehicles, action will be taken.

we have worked long and hard to create a good image with local police, and it only takes one banner on police 10/7 ::) or tv news to stuff it all up.

MINTGTB']

[quote name='kamineko said:

b]friendly reminder that illegal activity is not to be discussed on this forum... talking about 180/200kmh and drifting on public roads will result in a ban

[/b]

Why not pm the person who is saying it, and give them a freindly warning, about what they are doing or saying, better than making them feel like a tool infront of the whole forum.

Also, did you care to mention this to any of the people at the meet, before some of us had a play at the meet on sunday?

BC5RA said:

Its common sense to anybody with a 1/3 of a brain.

I concur.

Its not hard to figure that perceived "antisocial behaviour" should be kept away from the Club to keep the image clean. I would have thought that 1/8th of a brain would suffice for that.

FFS. I'm almost ashamed to be a former part of CS Dunedin with the high level of retardation in this thread. Chris is right, it is going to shit, it is full of caulk muppets now. We got ourselves on TV a few years ago trying to promote the idea of the car enthusiast who don't display antisocial behaviour and the last thing I want to see if Dunedin back on TV with the same group promoted as drop kick boy racers.

I fear what I will see when I come back for a holiday.