• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Post A Picture Of Your Forester!

CMPLSV

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Admin

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

I'm glad someone else also appreciates it :) - it took a lot of time and effort.

@Berg thanks! Purchased them specifically for the colour scheme haha. The 7 spoke does look good hey! I'm with you on that.

@Andy_Mac they are genuine Work ones. Originally the light anodised blue ones but I colour-matched them 'sort-of' with the Work centre caps.

PS: Wheel colour is Duplicolour 'Gun Metal Grey' - but more like sea green if you ask me.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, 4G63B8 said:

@RaKid saw your listing on TM, have you had much luck with selling it? saw all the "interesting" people on TM who are not interested in buying the car but to give you flake about selling it.

Honestly man, when I was writing that line about the power, I was like, I shouldn't do this. Well, serves me right for not listening to my gut. :(

Surprisingly, no genuine inquiries. I thought I would hit a sweet spot in the market (when I listed it), between that untidy one for 13k and that 'person' in East-Auckland for 28k. I was also upset and surprised at some of the comments.

I genuinely feel like I'm offering the market a car that's pretty special and that's not available right now condition-wise and I feel like some people have taken the advertisement out of context and tried to pick holes.

There are also one or two that seem to 'think' they know the history of the car, verbalised it so to speak, and have tried to, what feels like, intentionally give the car a bad rap from the get-go which is incredibly disappointing.

1 minute ago, RaKid said:

Honestly man, when I was writing that line about the power, I was like, I shouldn't do this. Well, serves me right for not listening to my gut. :(

Surprisingly, no genuine inquiries. I thought I would hit a sweet spot in the market (when I listed it), between that untidy one for 13k and that 'person' in East-Auckland for 28k. I was also upset and surprised at some of the comments.

I genuinely feel like I'm offering the market a car that's pretty special and that's not available right now condition-wise and I feel like some people have taken the advertisement out of context and tried to pick holes.

There are also one or two that seem to 'think' they know the history of the car, verbalised it so to speak, and have tried to, what feels like, intentionally give the car a bad rap from the get-go which is incredibly disappointing.

That suxs! so many sour grapes out there! good on you for not reacting with angry comments to them though... hope you do manage to sell it at a good price car looks alot nicer and cleaner than when you bought it from the original person, i did watch the auction closely...i have a forester i got swapped for my car and cash but don't want to put it on TM after reading the comments on your auction, so might hold on to it for a few more months..

1 hour ago, RaKid said:

I backed up your claims on trademe, i have no idea if they are true, but whenever I see a group of negative people try and form a negative alliance/group I try my best to ruin it for them with positivity & rainbows lol 

• Like 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, 4G63B8 said:

That suxs! so many sour grapes out there! good on you for not reacting with angry comments to them though... hope you do manage to sell it at a good price car looks alot nicer and cleaner than when you bought it from the original person, i did watch the auction closely...i have a forester i got swapped for my car and cash but don't want to put it on TM after reading the comments on your auction, so might hold on to it for a few more months..

Thanks man - appreciate it. It's really not easy. Being told I'm intentionally misleading potential buyers was pretty upsetting. Appreciate the kind comments too. Glad it's not only me that thinks it looks nice :D 

1 hour ago, Gripless said:

TM = Troll Market

Wait until you get the buyers who then turn around and try to renegotiate the price after winning.

I'm dreading the day. That would totally infuriate me.

1 hour ago, Inked said:

Such a nice forester @RaKid just read the post on trademe cant believe people are commenting like that.... its like its turned into facebook market place with huge fees! hope the rest of the people are not tyre kickers also :D 

Awesome man thank you SO much. As above, I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes it haha! Great to have someone else appreciate it too.

The fees are ridiculous and the only reason I've continued to list on TradeMe was because people couldn't randomly comment, like on Facebook (I some times intentionally don't post on Facebook). However, the mobile phone application allows you to see unanswered questions, henceforth, people are using precisely as you say, like a market place / forum where they say whatever the hell they want, true or false.

32 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

I backed up your claims on trademe, i have no idea if they are true, but whenever I see a group of negative people try and form a negative alliance/group I try my best to ruin it for them with positivity & rainbows lol 

Haha I was just about to ask if that was someone from here. Cheers Tim, much appreciated.

12 minutes ago, Inked said:

Just noticed your number plate, has it gotten you pulled over before? ha ha. 

Haha it hasn't! Probably because it just sits in the driveway :( 

If you think that's interesting, what if I told you I owned two cars that start with FTP? Totally coincidental too.

And to all of you - thanks for the support. Definitely feeling a lot better after that.

• Like 1

• Admin

Agree that most TM posters are just out there to stir S***, but are you actually sure on that power figure?

A quick and un-thorough search comes up with 265hp on all other sites except the Wiki page which has the 320.

STI’s weren’t making anywhere near that much in 06, even the current gen doesn’t make 240 at the engine from the factory. 

Just seems weird for them to have bumped this car so significantly and not done it to the STI.

Where’s @sobanoodle when you need him, he’s good for finding all the obscure JDM car brochures that might have the required info

• Admin
2 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Agree that most TM posters are just out there to stir S***, but are you actually sure on that power figure?

A quick and un-thorough search comes up with 265hp on all other sites except the Wiki page which has the 320.

STI’s weren’t making anywhere near that much in 06, even the current gen doesn’t make 240 at the engine from the factory. 

Just seems weird for them to have bumped this car so significantly and not done it to the STI.

Where’s @sobanoodle when you need him, he’s good for finding all the obscure JDM car brochures that might have the required info

Unless I pull the motor out myself and engine dyno it I'll never know. What I do know is that next time I'll only detail things I've seen personally. Lesson learnt.

• Like 2