Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Charity cruise for modified/performance cars

SkylineObsession

Just an idea i randomly came up with at work last week. Who here would be interested in being in a meet/convoy of modified/performance cars all in the aid of charity, this time being the Otago Community Hospice (since Mum was there for the last few weeks of her life).

Was thinking of having each driver pay a minimum of $5 (anything more is accepted of course) to participate in the parkup and cruise, and maybe any passengers can donate either a gold coin minimum, or $5 again.

Another idea is that if members of the public want to have a ride in any of the cars during the cruise (proviso the car owner is happy) then they can pay a few $$ for the charity too. This may open the event up to more of the general public.

Then pretty much do the same cruise loop as the Special Rigs for Special Kids (out to Mosgiel via motorway, then back over Three Mile Hill to the Edgar stadium).

Its just an idea at this stage, but i honestly think that with enough support and publicity it could turn out quite well. Mainly wanted to do this to show that modified car owners are usually 'normal' people and thats where the charity donation comes in (rather than just being a big cruise of modded cars).

Will be open to any modified/performance cars (imports, Ferraris, HSV's and FPV's, American muscle cars, Mercs etc etc) too, so that more cars can come along.

Opinions? I'm very seriously thinking of going ahead with it anyway, even if we only get a handful of cars. I mean, why not?

MINTGTB']

[quote name='dubbedup said:

keen as. ;D

/quote]

-1 the chariot is not a performance or modified car ;D

Sad chap - really sad....

Im gonna put my 18inch vault savannahs on it, get some makita springs, a baked bean can (polished ;) ) tint it out...then it be a performance car...yeah take that!

dubbedup']

[quote name='dubbedup said:

keen as. ;D

/quote]

-1 the chariot is not a performance or modified car ;D

Im gonna put my 18inch vault savannahs on it, get some makita springs, a baked bean can (polished ;) ) tint it out...then it be a performance car...yeah take that!

i like your rangi style LOL!

Awesome, cheers for the support. :) Got your number Ray, so will get around to texting you at some stage. ;)

Gonna have a chat to someone from the Hospice when i can to see what they think, then eventually go talk to the ODT or someone maybe and get an article done. Kinda wanting to do this to get more publicity for Southern Skylines too, but hey. :P

• Admin
 SkylineObsession said:

Awesome, cheers for the support. :) Got your number Ray, so will get around to texting you at some stage. ;)

Gonna have a chat to someone from the Hospice when i can to see what they think, then eventually go talk to the ODT or someone maybe and get an article done. Kinda wanting to do this to get more publicity for Southern Skylines too, but hey. :P

remember, i work in the media indstry, give me a yell before you go too far, i have good connections and a few people owe me a few favours...

lets not forget who got us on TV3 news... yes i know im amaizing, bow and my feet!!! MWhahahahahahaha

joking, im not that pig headed

• 3 months later...

this sounds interesting, keep in mind to keep it nice and under control we would need to have supervision of police in place, just a suggestion.

if this makes it to the news then WOAH clubsub all the way LOL

• Admin

no need for police presents, and yes it will make it to the news (if publicised the right way), but not as a CS event, will be more a combined club event im picking.

KC said:

this sounds interesting, keep in mind to keep it nice and under control we would need to have supervision of police in place, just a suggestion.

if this makes it to the news then WOAH clubsub all the way LOL

dubbedup said:

josh you can now go cheaper.... RED STAMP SPRINGS

RAYDEO said:

need a hand bro, i avnt heard anything...

Good reason for that mate, cos i haven't done anything about it until now. ;) :-[ Mainly cos i've got no phone or internet.

Gonna get the basic details sorted and online (will be on the main page of Southern Skylines tonight i hope) then will contact a reporter of the Taieri Herald (already talked to him before and he sounded keen), then will have a chat to the ODT. Want to get it in the free papers cos there will be people like me that can't afford or don't buy the ODT etc.

This isn't just a club thing, i actually want to attract people who aren't in clubs as well. Pretty much want as many nice cars there as possible, like Ferrari's, Mercs, Mustangs, other classic American cars, HSV and FPV cars, Japanese cars obviously and so on. Try and unite everyone on this. Best free advertising we can get is word of mouth, so pretty much tell everyone you can, old and young. :D

I will let the Police know too, their presence might make it seem more organised and official to the people who otherwise wouldn't come. IMO.