Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

v2 sti ra RIP

kamineko

ok so i'm getting over repeating the story to everyone

lent my car to a member for the DN CS cruise last weekend as i was working all night. sounded like a good idea at the time. i barely get out to meets as i work long hours and the RA needed some rep'ing

it all went wrong, frontal impact with bank on highcliff road and the cost of front cut / windscreen / straighten / labour / parts / paint is excessive.

engine wont start, likely timing belt has slipped/broken. have not considered the cost of this

thanks to the Dunners CS guys who helped bring the car home late into the night, B42000, AndrewNR, Chris, and especially dubbedup who came out with a tow vehicle. sorry if i'm missing anyone, as you know i wasn't there. i got home close to 2am.

probably best if no pics from the scene are posted, i havn't seen any but know they exist. would prefer to avoid any legal issues for the driver (who has taken full responsibility)

i wont be able to attend the hampton downs trackday in jan and likely wont be racing at megameet. i will fly there instead.

moving on, i'm looking for a roadgoing GC sedan.. pref in white and nana-spec 1.5 auto. see my wanted post. once i have a donor the rebuild can begin.

gutting but at least the driver is ok. just another thing life throws at you i guess

fav vid..

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was rushing hard out to get there thinking the car could be sitting half over a cliff being held there by no 8 wire :) I was suprised at how well the charriot handled for a nana spec sack of ****

Best bit was no major injuries - altho Mr. anon did seem quite sore when i last seen him. (hope you better now bro)

Koom said:

My condolences. That was a great car to race against (on the track, namely Ruapuna). Hopefully version 2.0 will be stronger, faster, better (and whatever else Kayne had as lyrics....)

yeah pretty gutted we never had a really good spat on the track because that would have been awesome. your right tho, ver2.0 is something to look forward to. it will be much the same but ready for a cage

kamineko said:

ok so i'm getting over repeating the story to everyone

lent my car to a member for the DN CS cruise last weekend as i was working all night. sounded like a good idea at the time. i barely get out to meets as i work long hours and the RA needed some rep'ing

you let **** drive you car??? are you mad? :P

my coupe is still forsale bro :P

B4 2000 said:

no need for thanks,

im also gutted that a nice car like yours is gone, but like you said you never know what life might throw at you.

I hope Mr. anon is feeling ok now

yeah bro, no need to thanks us man :) you would of done da same! gutted dat a weapon of a car was damaged through the hands of the inconsiderate anonymous driver.. oh well, we learn from these mistakes and move on. And i hope he pays every cent of da repair bill.. >:(

If a GC8 body comes up Nick, will holla to ya asap :)

Have found an RA shell locally Nick, has had an engine fire so engine has been removed, some wiring damaged, still has the RA gearbox in it, and I'd say the rest of the car ok. mite be good starting point, $2g (ish) price.

DO the RA's come with short ratio gearbox/diff? if so i could been keen on some parts to make the price even cheaper for you ;)

Am hoping to look at it tomorrow so will update then.